• 3,837,263 Users
  • 2,262,245 Discussions
  • 7,900,240 Comments

Discussions

FSAL gets FRM-92471

Lrusso-Oracle
Lrusso-Oracle Member Posts: 21 Employee

Hi all,

I would like to use FSAL to provide to the users of a migrated forms application the appearance and power of a natively installed application, very much like older client/server Forms 6i.

I wrote a .bat file on my windows machine with the following command:

java -jar frmsal.jar -url "http://sflnx004265.utenze.bankit.it:9001/forms/frmservlet?config=f02mtzz5&userid=wisca36/[email protected]_19.world

Everything works fine except viewing the images which are in signed jar file stored on the Linux runtime server. The same config works correctly if it is invoked from a browser.

Are there any other configurations to do on the client side?

Regards

Luigi

Comments

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 7,294 Employee

Your custom jar may need to be resigned using a trusted CA.

Michael Ferrante

Senior Principal Product Manager

Oracle

Twitter: @OracleFormsPM

• Lrusso-Oracle

Hi all,

I followed what is indicated in the document "Oracle Forms Standalone Launcher (FSAL) December, 2021, Version 12.2.1.4 - Rev 3" and in particular in the paragraph FSAL and Signed JARs, but when I launch the application I get the following error Exception in thread "main" java .security.AccessControlException: access denied ("java.util.PropertyPermission" "java.class.path" "read")

This is my .bat file

java -Djava.security.manager -Djava.security.policy="D:\Progetti\Anno 2022\DApI\Migrazione SPACE\FSAL\space.policy" -jar frmsal.jar -url "http://sflnx004265.utenze.bankit.it:9001/forms/frmservlet?config=f02mtzz5&userid=<user>/<pwd>@<alias>"

What is wrong?

Thanks

L

Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 7,294 Employee

The certificate information used to sign the jar(s) must also be added to the keystore used by the Java installation used to run the app. In some cases, the keystore used may not be the one you expect. Meaning, the Java installations includes a keystore, but in some cases a keystore may also have been created in the user's home directory. Be sure you are updating the correct file or you can alternatively update both (if a second exists). Another option to ensure the correct file is being used is to explicitly declare it but adding this switch.

-Djavax.net.ssl.keystore=C:/somewhere/mycacerts

Michael Ferrante

Oracle

• Lrusso-Oracle

Done, but unfortunately the error now is:

Exception in thread "main" java.security.AccessControlException: access denied ("java.util.PropertyPermission" "java.class.path" "read")

this is my .bat file to run FSAL

set echo ON

set USERHOME=C:\Users\wisca36

java -Djava.security.manager -Djava.security.policy=%USERHOME%\.space.policy -Djavax.net.ssl.keystore=%USERHOME%\.keystore -jar frmsal.jar -url "http://sflnx004265.utenze.bankit.it:9001/forms/frmservlet?config=f02mtzz5&userid=user/[email protected]"

Regards

Luigi

Actually, what I previously said was not exactly accurate. The switch I mentioned is for the SSL certs and I don't know if it also works for signed code (JARs). But it seems it didn't change anything because your error is the same as it was earlier.

Likely you are missing a step.

.1. Create JAR file

.2. Update manifest by adding these entries:

Codebase: *
    Caller-Allowable-Codebase: *
    Permissions: all-permissions
    Application-Name: OracleForms

To add the above, create a text file with the contents shown above then execute this command to update the JAR:

jar ufm <JAR FILE NAME> <PATH AND FILENAME OF TEXT FILE CREATED ABOVE>

.3. Sign the JAR

.4. Import cert into keystore.

Michael Ferrante

Oracle

In addition to doing what I mentioned, what happens when you just run the app without all the extra security switches?

java -jar frmsal.jar -url "http://sflnx004265.utenze.bankit.it:9001/forms/frmservlet?config=f02mtzz5&userid=user/[email protected]"

Michael Ferrante

Oracle

• Lrusso-Oracle

Hi

If I run application without any security policy I got FRM-92471 for all icons (jpg files stored in a signed jar file)

If I run the application using Microsoft Edge running in I.E. mode, everything works correctly and all icons are displayed correctly.

So this:

java -jar frmsal.jar -url "http://sflnx004265.utenze.bankit.it:9001/forms/frmservlet?config=f02mtzz5&userid=user/[email protected]" doesn't work

while

http://host:port/forms/frmservlet?config=f02mtzz5&userid=user/[email protected] run through browser works correctly.

Regards

Luigi

I am not able to reproduce what you are describing. Please share the exact/complete error and message you are seeing.

Michael Ferrante

Oracle

• Lrusso-Oracle

After launching my .bat file

I see on cmd prompt the following

Inspection of the archive files in the cache directory C:\Users\wisca36\AppData\Local\Temp\14\ frmsal\ sflnx004265.utenze.bankit.it 2.2.1.4

Using cached archive file frmall.jar from cache subdirectory 3t0nmugd32ydg7v4r4x1204qo

Using cached archive file signedspaceicons.jar from cache subdirectory 3t0nmugd32ydg7v4r4x1204qo

Using cached archive file frmwebutil.jar from cache subdirectory 3t0nmugd32ydg7v4r4x1204qo

Using cached archive file frmwebutil.jar from cache subdirectory 3t0nmugd32ydg7v4r4x1204qo

The Forms session ID is WLS_FORMS.formsapp.239

The proxy host is null and the proxy port is 0.

The native HTTP implementation is used for the connection.

The connection mode is HTTP.

The Applet Forms version is 12.2.1.4

FRM-92471: Failed to load i02zzf10 image for icon button element

That error suggests the image is not being found. So either you mistyped the name in the form or the path to it is wrong. If the image format is not GIF, add the file extension. In other words, i02zzf10.png (or whatever it is).

Michael Ferrante

Oracle