Forum Stats

• 3,838,564 Users
  • 2,262,383 Discussions
  • 7,900,687 Comments

Discussions

Need to raise application error with duplicate value.

User_JIAY3
User_JIAY3 Member Posts: 115 Blue Ribbon

Hi Team,

I am trying to insert from select statement from one table to other table. while insert there is primary key so need to raise application error what all duplicate values in that table.

Example attached script. pls help for the same.

Tagged:

Answers

• Frank Kulash
    Frank Kulash Member, Moderator Posts: 42,243 Red Diamond

Hi, @User_JIAY3

Whenever you have a question, please post a little sample data (CREATE TABLE and INSERT statements for all tables involved, relevant columns only) so the people who want to help you can re-create the problem and test their ideas. Also post the exact results you want from that data, and explain why you want those results from that data.  In this case, you should include some INSERT or UPDATE statements that should cause the error, and show exactly what you want to happen as a result. Always post your complete Oracle version (e.g. 18.4.0.0.0). Post everything right in this space. Do not use attachments; not all the poeple who want to help you can or will open attachments.

there is primary key so need to raise application error what all duplicate values in that table.

Oracle will raise an error if anyone tries to violate a PRIMARY KEY or UNIQUE constraint; you don't need to do anything special. If you really want to raise an application-specific error instead, you can use an EXCEPTION handler to check for the Oracle-defined error, and raise the application-specific error instead.

• User_JIAY3

Hi Frank, Already attached the same data and pkg also. can you possiable to share.

• User_JIAY3

Hi Frank, there were some more content so that i attached. why i used the raise application since it should comeout of the package.

• Frank Kulash
    Frank Kulash Member, Moderator Posts: 42,243 Red Diamond

Hi, @User_JIAY3

Already attached the same data and pkg also. can you possiable to share.

Exactly; you attached it; that's the problem. Don't use attachments: post everything right in this space.