Forum Stats

• 3,836,871 Users
  • 2,262,199 Discussions
  • 7,900,132 Comments

Discussions

SQL Developer 22.2 can't read files from the /Users/<user name>/Documents folder in Mac OSX Monterey

User_AV0UK
User_AV0UK Member Posts: 1 Blue Ribbon
edited Aug 3, 2022 11:09AM in SQL Developer

SQL Developer 22.2 can't read files from the /Users/<user name>/Documents folder in Mac OSX Monterey

I upgraded my OS from MACOS Mojave to MACOSX 12.5 Monterey and installed jdk-11.0.16.jdk and the SQL Developer 22.2.0.173 (Build 173.2018) and the SQL Developer cann't open files from the /Users/<user name>/Documents folder. Other Folders in the user home directory are accessible.

The sqldeveloper.sh from the terminal works. With this workaround I can open the files from the Documents folder of the user home directory.

The workarounds to call the SQL Developer as APP for MACOS Catalina, BigSure does not work or are not configurable on MACOS Monterey. I read and tried all workaround in this forum.

For e.g. it is not possible to select the /bin/bash in the system preference to grant full disk access. Maybe on Catalina, Bigsure that was possible.

Is there a better solution to change or grant the permissions to the SQL Developer 22.2?

Tagged: