Forum Stats

• 3,852,824 Users
  • 2,264,140 Discussions
  • 7,905,154 Comments

Discussions

Allowing .xml in uri template

Had to provide an RSS feed for a project - put together a view that generates an XML document, and set up a template with a multimedia handler; works fine. Using ORDS 21.1.3.r1531102.

The RSS page checks out ok (w3C validator), but one of my target users is the campus cable TV system, which ran read an RSS feed - BUT - needs the URL to end in .xml. When I try to add that to the template "rss" => "rss.xml", it complains about illegal characters.

Best Answer

• Jon Finke
    Jon Finke Member Posts: 65 Bronze Badge
    Answer ✓

I was using the Restful services submenu of the SQL Workshop menu in the APEX Application Builder (21.1.0).

The specific error message was "Invalid characters were found in the literal portions of the Route Pattern."

As a work around, I added a parameter to the end - so they can match anything - I don't care.

Answers

• kdario
    kdario Member Posts: 3,533 Silver Crown
    edited Aug 13, 2022 9:49PM

It is unclear who is complaining about illegal characters: sql developer, ords runtime or cable tv system?

Anyway, it works fine for me (ORDS 22.1.0.r1051723) so maybe you just need to upgrade ords/sql developer.

• Jon Finke
    Jon Finke Member Posts: 65 Bronze Badge
    Answer ✓

I was using the Restful services submenu of the SQL Workshop menu in the APEX Application Builder (21.1.0).

The specific error message was "Invalid characters were found in the literal portions of the Route Pattern."

As a work around, I added a parameter to the end - so they can match anything - I don't care.

• thatJeffSmith-Oracle
    thatJeffSmith-Oracle Distinguished Product Manager Posts: 8,766 Employee

If you're using the APEX interface for REST APIs, you need to report UI issues/bugs to the APEX team.

The reference implementation from ORDS team on building and supporting REST APIs for ORDS, is the REST interface in SQL Developer Web.