• 2,266,914 Discussions
  • 7,912,203 Comments

Discussions

Display and save editable Word document from a Blob in Oracle ADF UI Pop-up

User_09BOK
User_09BOK Member Posts: 2 Red Ribbon
edited Aug 18, 2022 5:19AM in JDeveloper and ADF

Hello All,

We have a requirement to read a Blob(which can store Editable word document) from a Table/Filestore and display it in a pop-up upon clicking a button. The word document is editable ie., it has certain number of fields(dates, drop-downs etc) & tables that the user can modify(image shown below) once the pop-up is open. We need to open this word document in a pop-up where user can edit/modify and click on Save and we save the modified document(within the pop-up) back to the database as a Blob and they can continue to modify the document in the future. Is there a possibility to display the word document in edit mode and save the modified document back to blob using some handler? I went through some blogs and only found the ability to display the pdf or image or text in a pop-up in af:inlineFrame but not a word document. Any insight and direction in this is helpful and appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Note: We are currently using JDev 12.2.1.3, Oracle 12c and Linux server.

Best Answer

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 38,924 Red Diamond
    Answer ✓

I'm unaware of any 'handler' that can do this for word files. Desktop integration allows you this, but it's only for Excel files.

We handle this in a way that the user has to check out (download and reserve) the file, change it with his local word and check it back in once he has finished the work.

Timo

Answers

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 38,924 Red Diamond
    Answer ✓

I'm unaware of any 'handler' that can do this for word files. Desktop integration allows you this, but it's only for Excel files.

We handle this in a way that the user has to check out (download and reserve) the file, change it with his local word and check it back in once he has finished the work.

Timo