Forum Stats

• 3,875,392 Users
  • 2,266,909 Discussions
  • 7,912,190 Comments

Discussions

Is there a way to recreate the AppModule automatically?

ChristianM0147
ChristianM0147 Member Posts: 37 Red Ribbon
edited Aug 19, 2022 5:16AM in JDeveloper and ADF

Hello fellow Developers.

Im currently using JDeveloper Version 12.2.1.4.0

Im currently developing an ADF Fusion Web Application and i made a mistake at a former git commit. I didnt commit the AppModule.xml file. So i just lost the right state and instead i only got the former version of the AppModule.xml. Is there a way to regenerate it? I have all EntityObjects, ViewObjects, Associations, PageDefinitions, Pages etc. as i said i just forgot the AppModule.

If i cant regenerate it automatically, could you please give me some advice?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 38,924 Red Diamond
    Answer ✓

There is no way to reconstruct the AppModule.xml automatically :(

JDev keeps its own history of changes of files. If you are lucky, you'll find a better state of the file in question in the history tab for the file in JDev. If you don't find anything better, your only option is to make the changes again yourself.

Timo

Answers

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 38,924 Red Diamond
    Answer ✓

There is no way to reconstruct the AppModule.xml automatically :(

JDev keeps its own history of changes of files. If you are lucky, you'll find a better state of the file in question in the history tab for the file in JDev. If you don't find anything better, your only option is to make the changes again yourself.

Timo

• ChristianM0147
    ChristianM0147 Member Posts: 37 Red Ribbon

That is very unfortunate. :(

I only got the time onwards of my last commit in the History tab...

I think if i am lucky i could restore the state via a backup that is created daily at our office.

Thanks anyways!