Forum Stats

• 3,852,821 Users
  • 2,264,140 Discussions
  • 7,905,152 Comments

Discussions

JNLP reports not working

User_PKY0R
User_PKY0R Member Posts: 5 Green Ribbon

I try to run my form in Java web start through JNLP File its works fine my form is running successfully but the report is not running, when on internet explorer i run my form and report both working fine but in JNLP File only forms work. I am using Forms 12.21.4

Answers

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 7,392 Employee

Reports has nothing to do with JNLP. Please explain in more detail what you are doing and what you are trying to accomplish.

Michael Ferrante

Senior Principal Product Manager

Oracle

Twitter: @OracleFormsPM

• User_PKY0R
    User_PKY0R Member Posts: 5 Green Ribbon

When we press button of report calling, report(.pdf format) is not coming from JNLP, when we run using IP, report is coming properly

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 7,392 Employee

@User_PKY0R I was hoping for a bit more detail than that. Regardless, as I mentioned the fact that you are using Web Start (JWS) really has nothing to do with what happens when you call Reports.

I will do some guessing...

If you are trying to present your report output using WEB.SHOW_DOCUMENT and are not using a proxy server (e.g. OHS) then you must fully qualify the virtual path (URL) to Reports since it is running on a server with a different port than Forms. If you are using WEB.SHOW with a relative path and not fully qualified then the call will fail.

If you are running JWS from the command line then it may be possible that command shell needs your network settings if it is the case you are finding that an IP works, but a hostname does not.

It may also be possible that you used the IP address during domain creation and not the hostname. If so, then it wouldn't surprise me that some things only work when calling the IP. If you are using OHS, look for the "Listen" directive in httpd.conf. If it uses your IP address rather than the hostname, this is why you are seeing the behavior you mentioned.

Michael Ferrante

Senior Principal Product Manager

Oracle

Twitter: @OracleFormsPM