This site is currently read-only as we are migrating to Oracle Forums for an improved community experience. You will not be able to initiate activity until January 30th, when you will be able to use this site as normal.

Forum Stats

• 3,890,153 Users
  • 2,269,775 Discussions
  • 7,916,823 Comments

Discussions

Oracle 21c Failing to install

Philip.Borchert
Philip.Borchert Member Posts: 9 Green Ribbon
edited Sep 9, 2022 7:42PM in Database Installation

I don't have a My Oracle Support account so I cannot open a ticket.

I've tried to install Oracle 21c 2 times so far. Windows 10 Enterprise 21H2 19044.1889 Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0. I followed a guide to uninstall manually so I could install a second time. I'm surprised there isn't a clean utility or an uninstaller. I found that you can deinstall using the setup.exe. When I looked for other Oracle stuff I noticed that my Jet Brains Resharper had some Oracle stuff with it. So I have uninstalled it and will be retrying to install.

The configuring step was taking forever and got to 40% on Configuring Oracle XE Database component.

First error was "[FATAL] Error while executing "C:\app\2942197\product\21c\dbhomeXE\rdbms\admin\dbmssml.sql". Refer to "C:\app\2942197\product\21c\cfgtoollogs\dbca\XE\dbmssml0.log" for more details. Error in Process: C:\app\2942197\product\21c\dbhomeXE\perl\bin\perl.exe"

Second error was

I'm a Microsoft SQL Server person but, I need this to work because a customer is using an oracle database I need to connect to.

Logs attached:

Best Answers

• Philip.Borchert
    Answer ✓

I think it was a security issue. I created a local user and gave it administrative rights. Then it installed without errors. I am having problems with getting the pluggable database and the HR Login to work.

• Shotokan
    Shotokan ?Member Posts: 78 Blue Ribbon
    Answer ✓

Can't tell what exactly the issue was but the database seems to be created successfully but the dbmssml.sql script failed to run later on due to the perl.exe. It could also due to non-Administrator account was logged on to install the XE db. May be compatibility issue or may be visual studio related. If you simply just want to connect to an Oracle database, there are a lot of different db visual tool out there. Oracle SQL Developer would be ideal, free and connect through JDBC.

Philip.Borchert

Answers

• Philip.Borchert
    edited Sep 9, 2022 7:37PM

Another log a message refers to.

This is the error I got

this is in the log.

[progressPage.flowWorker] [ 2022-09-09 14:01:15.179 EDT ] [ClonePostCreateScripts.executeImpl:643] Error while executing "C:\app\2942197\product\21c\dbhomeXE\rdbms\admin\dbmssml.sql". Refer to "C:\app\2942197\product\21c\cfgtoollogs\dbca\XE\dbmssml0.log" for more details. Error in Process: C:\app\2942197\product\21c\dbhomeXE\perl\bin\perl.exe

the log it asks to refer to is empty this time.

Later in that log is

SEVERE: [FATAL] Error while executing "C:\app\2942197\product\21c\dbhomeXE\rdbms\admin\dbmssml.sql". Refer to "C:\app\2942197\product\21c\cfgtoollogs\dbca\XE\dbmssml0.log" for more details. Error in Process: C:\app\2942197\product\21c\dbhomeXE\perl\bin\perl.exe

INFO: Sep 09, 2022 2:04:16 PM oracle.assistants.common.base.driver.AssistantConfigDriver setup

INFO: ********************** after executeSteps **********************

INFO: Sep 09, 2022 2:04:16 PM oracle.assistants.common.base.driver.AssistantConfigDriver updateExitStatus

INFO: Total time taken for DBCA operation in mm:ss is 61:55

INFO: Sep 09, 2022 2:04:16 PM oracle.install.commons.util.ExitStatusSet add

INFO: Adding ExitStatus FAILURE to the exit status set

INFO: Sep 09, 2022 2:04:16 PM oracle.assistants.common.base.driver.AssistantConfigDriver setup

INFO: Cleaning up, please wait...

INFO: Sep 09, 2022 2:04:16 PM oracle.install.commons.util.ExitStatusSet getExitStatus

INFO: Finding the most appropriate exit status for the current application

INFO: Sep 09, 2022 2:04:16 PM oracle.install.commons.util.ExitStatusSet add

INFO: Adding ExitStatus FAILURE to the exit status set

----

I am frustrated I thought since Jet Brains Resharper had some oracle uninstalling it might help it appears I was not right. It did seem to go to 33% this time instead of 32% but still looks like the same error. I hope someone can help.

• Philip.Borchert
    Answer ✓

I think it was a security issue. I created a local user and gave it administrative rights. Then it installed without errors. I am having problems with getting the pluggable database and the HR Login to work.

• Shotokan
    Shotokan ?Member Posts: 78 Blue Ribbon
    Answer ✓

Can't tell what exactly the issue was but the database seems to be created successfully but the dbmssml.sql script failed to run later on due to the perl.exe. It could also due to non-Administrator account was logged on to install the XE db. May be compatibility issue or may be visual studio related. If you simply just want to connect to an Oracle database, there are a lot of different db visual tool out there. Oracle SQL Developer would be ideal, free and connect through JDBC.

Philip.Borchert