Forum Stats

• 3,875,419 Users
  • 2,266,914 Discussions
  • 7,912,203 Comments

Discussions

Oracle 21c Install on A Lenovo ThinkPad.

Philip.Borchert
Philip.Borchert Member Posts: 9 Green Ribbon
edited Sep 28, 2022 11:45AM in Database Installation

I cannot figure out why the configuration setup screen is so small and how to change it. This does not happen on my Dell PC but is happening on my Lenovo PC. This is Oracle 21c Express Edition. Can anyone help? Also post install the Listener service is not starting up automatically. I am willing to post logs or anything that could help with this.

Best Answer

• Philip.Borchert

Good Morning,

This forum is acting weird and not allowing me to post. I was helped by a good Oracle Employee.

Solutions

1. Ignore the small database configuration window all the information is in a log.
    2. Use the properties of a Windows Service to restart the service adjusting the time as needed. (You can also change the delay start of the service in the registry after setting it to Automatic Delayed.)

Answers

• asahide
    asahide Expert Technical Engineer Member Posts: 1,509 Gold Trophy

Hi,

What is the OS version of Lenovo PC?

Regards,

• Tannu
    Tannu Member Posts: 14 Blue Ribbon

check the display settings

Regards,

• Philip.Borchert

Good Morning,

This forum is acting weird and not allowing me to post. I was helped by a good Oracle Employee.

Solutions

1. Ignore the small database configuration window all the information is in a log.
    2. Use the properties of a Windows Service to restart the service adjusting the time as needed. (You can also change the delay start of the service in the registry after setting it to Automatic Delayed.)
  • Philip.Borchert

Good Morning Everyone,

Last night I worked briefly with a Oracle employee. I just got lucky finding him and for him to help me. 

He didn't have a fix for the tiny database configuration window His remarks were that everything that happens in that window is also in a log.

To fix the Listener not starting he gave me this link: https://www.kaysariqbal.com/oracle-listener-failing/ it's not a "fix" per say but a workaround. Basically it uses some settings in the Listener Service to retry starting. His remarks were basically that the database isn't "up" / ready for the Listener so the Listener fails to start. Personally, being a dev myself I would have started but had a task/thread the could somehow detected the database not being up and either blindly restarting the Listener Service till it's up or ideally being able to check then start the listener service. At that point it would exit.  

TLDR; 1. Don't worry about the Little Dialog 2. Setup the service to try restarting 3 times and increase the time as needed.