• 3,852,814 Users
  • 2,264,140 Discussions
  • 7,905,150 Comments

Discussions

Oracle Forms 12.2.1.3.0

User_07GN7
User_07GN7 Member Posts: 2 Red Ribbon

Hi,

I am unable to install Oracle Forms 12.2.1.3.0 on a Win 10 system as it always hits this error after the initial extraction - the error is down the bottom of the below output:

at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.presentation.PresentationModule.launchModule(PresentationModule.java:235)

... 8 more

Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)

at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.presentation.util.PageSequenceGenerator.getWizardPageInstance(PageSequenceGenerator.java:478)

at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.presentation.util.PageSequenceGenerator.getNextWizardPageInstance(PageSequenceGenerator.java:432)

at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.presentation.util.PageSequenceGenerator.getNextPageSequence(PageSequenceGenerator.java:284)

at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.presentation.util.PageSequenceGenerator.getSequence(PageSequenceGenerator.java:188)

at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.presentation.action.LaunchWizardAction.execute(LaunchWizardAction.java:292)

... 11 more

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

at sun.awt.shell.Win32ShellFolder2.access$200(Win32ShellFolder2.java:72)

at sun.awt.shell.Win32ShellFolder2$1.call(Win32ShellFolder2.java:242)

at sun.awt.shell.Win32ShellFolder2$1.call(Win32ShellFolder2.java:237)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)

at sun.awt.shell.Win32ShellFolderManager2$ComInvoker$3.run(Win32ShellFolderManager2.java:547)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

[ERROR]: Installer has encountered an internal Error. Contact Oracle support with details

[EXCEPTION]:java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

Any ideas as to why - Using an account with priv to run the installer....

Answers

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 7,392 Employee

Well just a few questions?

1. Why are you installing 12.2.1.3? Error Correction Support for this version ends this December. It is strongly recommended that for any new installations version 12.2.1.4 be used.
    2. Did you start the Installer in an elevated shell? This is not the same as running as a member of the Windows Administrator group. You must right click on the exe and select "Run as administrator".
    3. Are you installing on the local machine and not a mapped remote location?

Michael Ferrante

Senior Principal Product Manager

Oracle

Twitter: @OracleFormsPM

• User_07GN7
    User_07GN7 Member Posts: 2 Red Ribbon
    1. This version was specifically requested and required now so doesn't matter if out of support this Dec.
    2. Run as SYSTEM act via psexec.
    3. Local machine / local extract - followed specific extract instructions via Oracle forums.

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 7,392 Employee

As mentioned, the installer must be launched with elevated privileges and as a real user (not SYSTEM). Exactly what is the command you are using to run the installer (with psexec)? Also, are you running interactively or silent?

I tested the following from the local machine and it works as expected. In my case I ran in "interactive mode" so I can verify the progress, but I have no reason to believe the same would not work in silent mode (when properly using the steps required to run in silent mode). Remove the "-i" below to not use interactive mode. Also, add -u (and credentials) to specify a specific user. Refer to the (MS) SysInternals documentation (below).

psexec -h -i C:\download\setup_fmw_12.2.1.4.0_fr_win64.exe

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/psexec

Michael Ferrante

Senior Principal Product Manager

Oracle

Twitter: @OracleFormsPM