This site is currently read-only as we are migrating to Oracle Forums for an improved community experience. You will not be able to initiate activity until January 31st, when you will be able to use this site as normal.

Forum Stats

• 3,890,756 Users
  • 2,269,776 Discussions
  • 7,916,827 Comments

Discussions

How to add filter on a Dashboard with many Charts

I have a dashboard with many charts included and I would like to add a fliter that will be on the dashboard page and apply for all charts.

Is this possible?

Thank you,

Christina

Tagged:

Answers

• fac586
    fac586 Senior Technical Architect EdinburghMember Posts: 21,579 Red Diamond

It depends how the charts are implemented and exactly what is meant by "filter".

Please explain the problem in more detail.

• Ok let me share more details. I have created a dashboard including charts based on an sql stament. I don't understand what you mean on how this is implemented.I attach a screen shot.

I have added filters per chart e.g. Milestone and Domain but instead of having in every chart I would like to have one filter for all charts in the Dashboard level.

Hope it is more clear now.

• fac586
    fac586 Senior Technical Architect EdinburghMember Posts: 21,579 Red Diamond

I attach a screen shot.

Please do not attempt to describe problems by posting screenshots. Screenshots are not accessible to visually impaired members of the community, and cannot be indexed by search engines, or copied and pasted to assist in developing a solution. They might show what the app looks like, but not how it is built.

I don't understand what you mean on how this is implemented.

I have added filters per chart e.g. Milestone and Domain but instead of having in every chart I would like to have one filter for all charts in the Dashboard level.

How did you do that?

What are the region/series Source properties?

How did you create the filter controls and integrate them with the charts?

(Post this information as text, not screenshots)

• Hilary Farrell-Oracle
    Hilary Farrell-Oracle Software Development Senior Manager Dublin, IrelandMember Posts: 2,417 Employee
    edited Sep 16, 2022 12:41PM

Hi Christina,

In addition to Paul's very valid points in relation to the use of screenshots not being accessible, please always be mindful when posting screenshots of internal apps on our external forum. Einstein is our internal forum for raising questions in relation to internal apps. You can of course raise questions on this external forum also, if you wish, but just please be mindful of the content that is provided here.

On the screenshot you have provided, it depicts two pie chart regions, with two select list items on each region acting as filters on the chart, to filter by Domain and Milestone. Paul has already asked for additional information in relation to how you've defined those filters, as that would be required to provide you with an accurate response.

Regards,

Hilary

• OK... I must be missing your point. if you can share details on how to add a prompt / filter on a dashboard as if I was creating everything from point 0.

So for the sake of simplicity I have one Chart type Bar in table Employees that shows Series A, B group by column C.

and on Chart 2 again Type Bar shows Departments Series D, E group by column F.

Is there a way to have a filter on the dashboard that I will select a value and this value will filter Column C and Column F?

• Hilary Farrell-Oracle
    Hilary Farrell-Oracle Software Development Senior Manager Dublin, IrelandMember Posts: 2,417 Employee

Hi Christina,

So for the sake of simplicity I have one Chart type Bar in table Employees that shows Series A, B group by column C.

and on Chart 2 again Type Bar shows Departments Series D, E group by column F.

Your response doesn't correlate with the screenshot you provided. Lets stick with your screenshot, please, as that's the app you're trying to update, correct? The first chart region on that screenshot is titled 'Number of Certificates Passed per Cohort', with two selects lists displayed at the top-left, named 'Domain' and 'Milestone' - lets call them P1_DOMAIN and P1_MILESTONE:

1. Does your chart series reference the two page items, P1_DOMAIN and P1_MILESTONE?
    2. Does your chart series attribute 'Page Items to Submit' reference those two page items?
    3. Do you have Dynamic Actions associated with those page items, to trigger a chart refresh when the select list changes?
    4. Your second chart also depicts two select lists, 'Domain' and 'Milestone' - are those two select lists based on the same underlying values as the selects lists referenced in Q1 above?

Regards,

Hilary

• I have found the answer to my question. Thank you for your answers. The point that I was looking is to create a new page item as Select List and then filter the sub charts with this parameter.

Thank you,

Christina