Forum Stats

• 3,874,064 Users
  • 2,266,670 Discussions
  • 7,911,712 Comments

Discussions

Updating JET inside APEX

Paulo A. Künzel
Paulo A. Künzel Member Posts: 37 Green Ribbon

As per conversation about an issue found in Oracle JET, it would be nice to have Oracle JET from APEX 22 updated or if possible, to be able to update it ourselves. Is it possible?

It would be quite bad to try to bring these libraries externally since APEX does use and manage them

Answers

• fac586
    fac586 Senior Technical Architect Member Posts: 21,455 Red Diamond

Why complicate matters? APEX has both List View and Swipe actions built-in.

• Paulo A. Künzel
    Paulo A. Künzel Member Posts: 37 Green Ribbon

Hi @fac586,

I'm a big supporter of keeping it simple and I believe that it will be more complicated to try to get to the what JET already does than simply using the features in the cookbook.

Have a look at the link from the original post or take a look at the component here (https://www.oracle.com/webfolder/technetwork/jet/jetCookbook.html?component=swipeToReveal&demo=basicSwipeToReveal) and you'll see that our List View does not have these functionalities.

Additionally, if currently APEX is using JET over jQuery UI shouldn't it be as up to date as possible to leverage those bug fixes?

• Hilary Farrell-Oracle
    Hilary Farrell-Oracle Software Development Senior Manager Member Posts: 2,406 Employee

Hi Paulo,

, it would be nice to have Oracle JET from APEX 22 updated or if possible, to be able to update it ourselves. Is it possible?

As with all of the 3rd party libraries that we include in APEX, we integrate, test, and support a specific version of the given library. This applies to JET and all of the libraries we ship with a given APEX release, such as jQuery, CKEditor, etc. We don't support replacing those library versions with different versions, as we cannot guarantee the behaviour of the APEX instance. APEX declaratively supports some JET components such as charts, and that support is dependent upon the version of JET that we integrate - and with APEX 22.1, we ship and support JET 12.0.0.

For our next APEX release, 22.2, will will uptake a newer version of JET.

It would be quite bad to try to bring these libraries externally since APEX does use and manage them

I'm afraid I don't understand this statement.

Regards,

Hilary

developers