Forum Stats

• 3,852,328 Users
  • 2,264,092 Discussions
  • 7,905,028 Comments

Discussions

FRM-93652 because of an inherit Property Class

During a migration project from an architecture 6i to 12c (coming from Windows - Client Server, going to ORACLE Cloud/Linux - Web Enable), many details have to be taken in care, such as :

- Naming files (all lowercase: icons, all dev/suite files, internal calls to fmb/rdf, attached plls,etc)

- Executing Reports (way different from 6i)

- Excluding deprecated components

- Some times even recoding JARs/DLLs used to communicate with others current components (ID card readers, POS terminals and others electronic devices integrated to that Software Solution) just to keep some important functionalities

- and some others

Also during this process we could apply a new refreshed look and feel remastering images and using color schemes offered by ORACLE, or maybe defining a curstomized one based on Client Brand Book. If solution was created using a object groups that can be inherid/subclassed (template/olb), it shouldn't be difficult.

But here I had small issue, during inherit properties to a Tab Canvas. After few days looking for a reason why some forms in 12c were displaying FRM-93652, and creating the form from scratch (replicating all code and functionalities) I found it (the way to avoid it): Not subclassing properties to a TAB Canvas.

As anyone can see, there weren't uncommun properties.

If someone has passed thru same situation or have an idea why could this happen, I would really appreciate any comments.

Comments

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 7,389 Employee

I do not recall the problem you are describing, however do recall that some issues were reported when upgrading from old to new. The problem that I recall is that some objects (that were not already text items) were switched to text items when upgraded. Meaning, a button previously in a 6i form would become a text field when opened in 12 (this was just an example - I do not recall the exact problem). Regardless, the issue was corrected in a newer version of v12.

So, my first recommendation is to ensure you are using 12.2.1.4. Further, ensure you have installed the latest Forms Quarterly Patch. If you still can reproduce the same problem, I would like to encourage you to contact Oracle Support so the problem can be investigated and possibly resolved.

Details about the latest Forms Quarterly patch can be found here:

https://community.oracle.com/tech/developers/discussion/4494579/oracle-forms-12-2-1-4-patch-availability-news

Michael Ferrante

Senior Principal Product Manager

Oracle

Twitter: @OracleFormsPM