• 3,852,821 Users
  • 2,264,140 Discussions
  • 7,905,152 Comments

Discussions

Not able to Open Forms url

User_8ME1G
User_8ME1G Member Posts: 2 Green Ribbon

Hi,

I am unable to open the forms url,it is showing me HTTP error,i am using the 9001 port number.But when i am trying to access reports url i am able to access,please suggest.

Thank you.

Answers

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 7,392 Employee

The fact that you are getting a 404 suggests that "a" listener hears your request. However, 404 further means that it does not recognize /forms90/f90servlet. This likely means one or more of the following:

1. The OC4J instance you are hitting (9001) is not actually set up for Forms, but rather something else (e.g. Reports, etc)
    2. Something else is running on port 9001 on your machine and responding to the request.
    3. The OC4J instance does not have Forms properly deployed into it.
    4. You altered the deployment properties in such a way that the listener no longer recognizes "forms90" or "f90servlet"

It is important to note that this version of Forms (i.e. 9.x) has been desupported for many years. This would be a great time to upgrade to a supported version. With the new version you can take advantage of many new features and general improvements. And of course, if you have a Support account you will have access to helpful content (documentation), bug fixes, security fixes, and access to the Oracle Support team. Information about the latest version can be found on the Forms product page:

https://www.oracle.com/application-development/technologies/forms/forms.html

Michael Ferrante

Senior Principal Product Manager

Oracle

Twitter: @OracleFormsPM

• User_8ME1G
    User_8ME1G Member Posts: 2 Green Ribbon

Hi Michael,

Thank you for quick response,

I have setup forms and reports of 12.2.1.3 and one more issue was that my instance was crashing so i have set up my weblogic through NSSM,could this be the issue which is causing for WLS_FORMS to not open,

but i have observed one thing that my WLS_REPORTS url are working fine.

please suggest that should i deinstall and install again the ORACLE FORMS&REPORTS.

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 7,392 Employee

NSSM?

Regardless, you must install as per the documentation. Any other custom installation and you are on your own to troubleshoot it. In other words, not supported by Oracle.

Further, if you are not familiar with software to an advanced level I do not recommend trying to customize or circumvent how it installs or generally works until you do understand it.

FYI: The latest version I 12.2.1.4. I do not recommend using 12.2.1.3 as error correction support for it ends this December

Michael Ferrante

Senior Principal Product Manager

Oracle

Twitter: @OracleFormsPM