• 7,905,150 Comments

Discussions

Mouse Wheel used to scroll down problem

abladb
abladb Member Posts: 127 Blue Ribbon
edited Sep 23, 2022 6:10AM in Forms

Hi there,

I am using Forms [32 bits] Versión 10.1.2.3.0

I have a master and detail block. The master block loads from a pre_query trigger with a dynamic insert into table. The master and the detail block have their own post-query triggers too. When we use the mouse wheel to scroll down the master block, the master records change until the last record, and the details chages its records accordingly. BUT we have noticed the wheel mooves to fast for the form, in a way in which if the master block has 10 records, the detail block has de data from the 7th record from the master, but we are visualizing the master current record is the 10th.

However, if we directly clic the master's 10th record, the detail block shows the correct data (from the master's 10th record).

At this point, I have tried to synchronize at the post-query trigger from the detail block, but it doesn't work.

I have searched in the internet for similar problems, and I have found that people had to upgrade in 2012 to my forms' version, and to add a patch, but I don't know if that worked for problems like mine.

Can anyone give me any orientation, please?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

PS: I know we are using old technology. Any suggestion though?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 7,392 Employee
    Answer ✓

The issue I believe you are describing appears to have been fixed in Forms 11.1.2.0+. Since upgrading to v11 is not a good idea because it is no longer supported (just like 10.1.2), moving to v12 (12.2.1.4) would be a good plan.

It looks like the fix may be available in a bundle patch for 10.1.2.3. However, you may not have access to this patch because it was intended for E-Business Suite. If you have access to it, I would recommend testing it. Be sure to review the included ReadMe before applying. Refer to Patch 9593176

For information about the latest Forms version, check out the Forms product page:

https://www.oracle.com/application-development/technologies/forms/forms.html

Michael Ferrante

Senior Principal Product Manager

Oracle

Twitter: @OracleFormsPM

abladb

Answers

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 7,392 Employee
    Answer ✓

The issue I believe you are describing appears to have been fixed in Forms 11.1.2.0+. Since upgrading to v11 is not a good idea because it is no longer supported (just like 10.1.2), moving to v12 (12.2.1.4) would be a good plan.

It looks like the fix may be available in a bundle patch for 10.1.2.3. However, you may not have access to this patch because it was intended for E-Business Suite. If you have access to it, I would recommend testing it. Be sure to review the included ReadMe before applying. Refer to Patch 9593176

For information about the latest Forms version, check out the Forms product page:

https://www.oracle.com/application-development/technologies/forms/forms.html

Michael Ferrante

Senior Principal Product Manager

Oracle

Twitter: @OracleFormsPM

abladb
  • abladb
    abladb Member Posts: 127 Blue Ribbon

Thank you Michael for your answer.

I'll talk to those who can make it possible, and they will decide.

Regards.