• 3,875,419 Users
  • 2,266,914 Discussions
  • 7,912,203 Comments

Discussions

Reports 12.2.1.4 x64 [ PDF:Subset ] Barcode fonts

Igor Avramovic
Igor Avramovic Member Posts: 9 Blue Ribbon

Hi,

I need help for uifont.ali [ PDF:Subset ]  - barcode fonts. I define in uifont.ali

[ PDF:Subset ] 

"3 of 9 Barcode" = "3of9.ttf"

"Code PDF417" = "PDF417.ttf"

"39251 Regular" ... = "39251.TTF"

"Code EAN13 Regular" = "EAN13.TTF"

In Report builder when Run paper Layout I have 1D barcode and 2D barcode. But when run with FSAL from Forms I dodn't have it. NLS_LANG is CROATIAN_CROATIA.EE8MSWIN1250,

in REPORT_PATH I add C:\Windows\Font where all of this fonts are install.

REPORTS_INSTANCE c:\Oracle\Middleware\domains\base_domain\config\fmwconfig\components\ReportsToolsComponents\reptools1

UIFONT.ali is in C:\Oracle\Middleware\domains\base_domain\config\fmwconfig\components\ReportsToolsComponent\reptools1\tools\COMMON\uifont.ali

C:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_Home\tools\common\uifont.ali

C:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_Home\frcommon\templates\tk\config\uifont.ali

C:\Oracle\Middleware\domains\base_domain\config\fmwconfig\components\ReportsToolsComponent\reptools1\guicommon\tk\admin\uifont.ali

Does any one know What can be problem ?

Thank you,

Br,

Comments

• Matej D.
    Matej D. Member Posts: 1,041 Gold Trophy

Try to put ttf files in DOMAIN_HOME\reports\fonts.

Regards

• Igor Avramovic

Matej I put this ttf file in DOMAIN_HOME\reports\fonts but result is the same. In test.pdf document all other fonts are subset but barcode didn't. I have BookmanOldStyle for barcode. I send you screen shot.

I am a little confused. Name of this fonts in file system are 3 of 9 Barcode Regular (3OF9_NEW.TTF) but in Report builder the name is 3 od 9 Barcode (Western), Code PDF417 Regular (PDF417.TTF) in Repl.Bulid. is Code PDF417 (Western). Maybe that's the problem ? Any Idea ?

Br,

• Matej D.
    Matej D. Member Posts: 1,041 Gold Trophy

I have tried this font 3of9_new.ttf.

Uifont.ali:

"3 of 9 Barcode" = "3of9_new.ttf"

Report builder font is "3 of 9 Barcode (Western)"

I'm on Linux.

Regards

• Igor Avramovic

I really don't understand what the problem is. I have the same uifont.ali but on windows and I don't have bar code not in PDF document not in browse cache view.

the same again !! 🤔😥

Is it possible that the problem is that I manually edited uifont.ali not from the Enterprise manager EM?

• Igor Avramovic

I'm analyzing everything and I just found it in rwEng-0_diagnostic.log

[2022-10-05T15:15:29.034+02:00] [reports] [TRACE] [] [oracle.reports.engine] [tid: 14] [ecid: 9e98524c-e4f4-4243-b156-43c4f0d8ed4c-00000003,0] [EngineName: rwEng-0] [SRC_CLASS: oracle.reports.utility.RWLogger] [SRC_METHOD: writeln] CEngine:FontRevamp Arial Type1 font is used for object F_86

form my bar code"3 of 9 Barcode" = "3of9_new.ttf",

does it mean that the subset changed the barcode to Arial? grrrrr 😣

• Suresh Sangaran-Oracle
    Suresh Sangaran-Oracle Member, Moderator Posts: 341 Employee

Can you check if "3of9_new.ttf" is the actual file name? I could actually see different file names in your response "3of9.ttf", 3OF9_NEW.TTF. Just to test if the font is utilized in your Report, try the below mapping in uifont.ali

[ PDF:Subset ] 

*= "3of9.ttf" ----->This should be the actual barcode file name.

Thanks, Suresh

• Igor Avramovic

Suresh I just change uifont.ali ... with *="3OF9_NEW.TTF" and I have this situation :

but in Report I don't have barcode !! I have this !!

Ok, maybe it's problem with report which is migrate from Forms 6i ? or with another 2D barcode in the same report witch is 2D barcode with PDF417 font ?! What do you think ?

Br,

• Suresh Sangaran-Oracle
    Suresh Sangaran-Oracle Member, Moderator Posts: 341 Employee

Did 6i Report use 3of9.ttf font or was it different?

or are you trying to map the barcode with 3of9.ttf font?

If you have the original 6i Report source, check in the Reports builder and see what was the font used for barcode.

Thanks, Suresh

• Igor Avramovic

Yes, I use in Reports 6i I use 3OF9_NEW.TTF and Code PDF417 without any problem ,

in Report builder 12c I have this two fonts but in browser and pdf document when call reports from forms I don't have this two fonts.

In UIFONT.ALI I map in

[PDF:Subset]

*="3OF9_NEW.TTF"

"Code PDF417"= "PDF417.TTF"

Br,

Igor

• Igor Avramovic

In Reports12c builder ... paper desing it's look like this.