This site is currently read-only as we are migrating to Oracle Forums for an improved community experience. You will not be able to initiate activity until January 30th, when you will be able to use this site as normal.

Forum Stats

• 3,889,831 Users
  • 2,269,775 Discussions
  • 7,916,823 Comments

Discussions

How to install goldengate independently

User_LT4AN
User_LT4AN Member Posts: 1 Green Ribbon
edited Oct 12, 2022 7:07AM in GoldenGate

I could not find a documentation which shows how to install goldengate independently i.e. not on the source or target. Kindly point me in the right direction.

Tagged:

Answers

• K.Gan
    K.Gan OGG SME Melbourne AustraliaMember Posts: 2,850 Bronze Crown

The installation of OGG is always independent. Follow the setup. After installation you will to configure. That depends on your database, way you connect etc. But that is a separate topic. It is really the database rather than OGG.

• Omohei
    Omohei Saudi Arabia,Bahrain and EgyptMember Posts: 184 Blue Ribbon

HI ,

Please check document, Using Oracle GoldenGate Downstream Deployment. You can review the below link I wish it will help .

Using Oracle GoldenGate Downstream Deployment for Oracle-to-Oracle Database Synchronization on Linux

• Veera-Oracle
    Veera-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager - Oracle GoldenGate Member Posts: 831 Employee

I assume you are meaning here to install and configure GoldenGate on a separate server (HUB) and remotely capture and apply the data between the source and target databases.

The installation of GG is always independent as Kee mentioned. The difference between installing GG in the same server where DB is running and in a separate server is,

1. TNS needs to be taken care as in HUB the Extract and Replicat processes connects remotely to the database.
    2. Oracle Client needs to be installed in HUB (GG versions earlier to 21c) .

Thanks,

Veera

Omohei