Forum Stats

• 3,874,176 Users
  • 2,266,677 Discussions
  • 7,911,757 Comments

Discussions

Allow connecting as proxy users with an Oracle Wallet

Thank you for you continued support and improvement of this VS code extension. I use it every day.

It would be great if you would add the ability to connect as a proxy user when authenticating usin`g an Oracle wallet. I have tried a few different ways, but it does not look like this works.

I tried "[ProxyUsername]/" as the username but it requires a password. I also tried using / as the username and putting the ProxyUsername as the Proxy Username but this also required a password.

Tagged:

Comments

• Christian.Shay -Oracle
    Christian.Shay -Oracle Posts: 2,241 Employee
    edited Nov 2, 2022 4:29PM

I'm not sure if using the wallet is relevant here. Can you help me understand exactly what fields in the connection dialog you are filling in?

Can you please follow the instructions for proxy username and password found here:

That webpage shows an example of using bracket notation with other tools (Like SQL Developer) and then shows what field each value goes into the dialog. Please note that you will NOT be using brackets with our extension.

Please give it a try and let me know.

• User_835II
    User_835II Member Posts: 5 Red Ribbon

The example from that document would work however it would not use my Oracle wallet. Maybe an example of how the connect would work from sqlplus would help.

First here is how I would login as myself:

sqlplus /@TNSNames_Database

Second this would log me in as a proxy user:

sqlplus [proxyusername]/@TNSNames_Database 

In both cases it would connect to the database using the wallet credentials for my login.