Forum Stats

• 3,875,898 Users
  • 2,266,987 Discussions
  • 7,912,374 Comments

Discussions

When configuring database creation for Oracle DB 21c-1.0 XE, I get errors about values.

The configure program is complaining about the SHARED_POOL_SIZE being too small (2560MB, wants it to be at least 3600). Also, about sga_target being too small. Where can I set these values so that the DB creation will succeed?

I tried setting sga_target in the dbs/init.ora file which got rid of that specific message, but still get shared_pool_size error messages. I am pasting the output from the configure run, and also the contents of init.ora for review. Thanks.

It also complains about permissions and to run the root.sh script. I did run this script but am still getting the permissions errors.

[[email protected] dbs]# /etc/init.d/oracle-xe-21c configure

Specify a password to be used for database accounts. Oracle recommends that the password entered should be at least 8 characters in length, contain at least 1 uppercase character, 1 lower case character and 1 digit [0-9]. Note that the same password will be used for SYS, SYSTEM and PDBADMIN accounts:

Confirm the password:

Configuring Oracle Listener.

Listener configuration succeeded.

Configuring Oracle Database XE.

[WARNING] [DBT-11205] Specified shared pool size does not meet the recommended minimum size requirement. This might cause database creation to fail.

ACTION: Specify at least (2,592 MB) for shared pool size.

Enter SYS user password:                                                                                          *************

Enter SYSTEM user password:

Enter PDBADMIN User Password:

[FATAL] [DBT-10011] Incorrect ownership/permissions detected for the file (/opt/oracle/product/21c/dbhomeXE/bin/oradism).

CAUSE: Following nodes does not have required file ownership/permissions: Node :iceberg

PRVG-11960 : Set user ID bit is not set for file "/opt/oracle/product/21c/dbhomeXE/bin/oradism" on node "iceberg".

ACTION: Run the Oracle Home root script as the "root" user to fix the permissions.

Database configuration failed. Check logs under '/opt/oracle/cfgtoollogs/dbca'.

[[email protected] dbs]#

init.ora contents:

# Change '<ORACLE_BASE>' to point to the oracle base (the one you specify at

# install time)

db_name='ORCL'

memory_target=4096

processes = 150

audit_file_dest='<ORACLE_BASE>/admin/orcl/adump'

audit_trail ='db'

db_block_size=8192

db_domain=''

db_recovery_file_dest='<ORACLE_BASE>/fast_recovery_area'

db_recovery_file_dest_size=2G

diagnostic_dest='<ORACLE_BASE>'

dispatchers='(PROTOCOL=TCP) (SERVICE=ORCLXDB)'

open_cursors=300 

remote_login_passwordfile='EXCLUSIVE'

undo_tablespace='UNDOTBS1'

# You may want to ensure that control files are created on separate physical

# devices

control_files = (ora_control1, ora_control2)

compatible ='11.2.0'

sga_target=4096

Answers