Forum Stats

• 3,874,171 Users
  • 2,266,675 Discussions
  • 7,911,750 Comments

Discussions

jdev 12.2.1.4 page expired exception

User_H6Z6F
User_H6Z6F Member Posts: 355 Bronze Badge

we are using jdev 12.2.1.4 and recently production users started getting page expired error. It is not reproducible, happens randomly.

It is happening in test instance only when automation scripts are being run.

I am not able to see any exception as such in logs but diagnostic logs shows below line exactly when the user gets this expired page error

ADFc: Limiting the number of RootViewPorts to 20

I have checked the below link but not able to understand if there is a connection. I understand that when max root limit is reached to 20 then ViewExpiredException is shown.

What is the thing we are missing to not get this exception?

(https://docs.oracle.com/middleware/1213/adf/develop/task-flow-advanced.htm#ADFFD53796)?

Answers

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 38,919 Red Diamond

A root viewport is basically a main application window.

One session can have many application windows in several tabs, etc. Since this feature can be abused, the number of these "tabs" are restricted to some large but reasonable value (there is a lower hard limit of 5 viewports present also).

You can increase the value as described in the docs. This should solve the problem but consumes more memory.

The question is, why your app reaches the default limit of 20 active root viewports in a session?

You mentioned an automation script. This is the starting point of your investigation. What is the script doing?

Is the script causing the increase in active viewports?

Once you find an answer to the question, you can think about a redesign.

Timo

• User_H6Z6F

@Timo Hahn I am checking with the QA about the automation script. Is there any way to see how many view ports are getting used in an app?

We have isolated taskflows which I am guessing might be the cause - but not sure yet. But if we increase the max view ports, there is memory tradeoff. Is there any oracle standard where they suggest how much that value should be based on the user loads and the system design - some rough formula?

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 38,919 Red Diamond

There is no such formular. The default value is 20. I have never seen this number too low in my apps.

I'm not sure how to get to the currently active number of root viewport. I would try using DMS Spy. This app is installed by default on each WebLogic server. The app gives plenty of information about the server and the apps running on it. Doc at https://docs.oracle.com/middleware/1213/core/ASPER/dms.htm#ASPER300

Timo

• User_H6Z6F

I got this bug in oracle support which does not look like it is resolved. Can anyone help me if there is a solution to this or how to check with oracle regarding this bugs solution?

Bug 26290792 : APPLICATION FAILS WITH ADF_FACES-30107:THE VIEW STATE OF THE PAGE HAS EXPIRED

• Timo Hahn

Easy, file an SR and ask Oracle Support about the status and possible solution. They can provide you a patch.

Timo

• User_H6Z6F

@Timo Hahn Thanks for the reply. Let me do that. Hopefully they accept the sr without any POC app.

• dvohra21
    dvohra21 Member Posts: 14,691 Gold Crown

Does the issue happen on any particular browser, Google Chrome for instance? If so, use another browser.

• User_H6Z6F

No This is happening in all browsers.