• 2,260,818 Discussions
  • 7,897,365 Comments

Discussions

Regexp Challenge

2»

Comments

• cd_2
    cd_2 Member Posts: 5,021
    I'm impressed. Any chance that you're going to write an Introduction to XML functions? ;-)

C.
  • MichaelS
    MichaelS Member Posts: 8,424 Bronze Crown
    Any chance that you're going to write an Introduction to XML functions?
    You think it is neccessary ;) ? I think the MODEL clause is much more harder to grasp, while those XML functions are at least as powerful (I think even more powerful) but easier to read (personal opinion).
    Additionally model is proprietary to oracle, while xml/xquery is (to a high degree at least) open standard and useful in other areas as well.

Would they only be a little (much) more perfomant, I would never look into model I guess ;)
    546595 Member Posts: 2,399
    edited May 12, 2007 11:32PM
    True Cd,
    Michaels Is XML lover and he has some nice solutions with it.
    He should surely write some artical the way you did it for Regexp.
    I thnkm also Rob and Volder can write artical on Model, Or amy be someone else.
    Great work guys , Keep it up.

:-)
  • cd_2
    cd_2 Member Posts: 5,021
    You think it is neccessary ;) ?
    Introductory articles do have their merits. Just asking, since you like to work with XML. ;-) Same goes for the MODEL experts.

C.
    572471 Member Posts: 984 Green Ribbon
    I thnkm also Rob and Volder can write artical on Model, Or amy be someone else.
    Rob said he's working on a piece about model clause. So it would be nice if he provides it for forum members also.

Joe Fuda has already written some kinda article or intoduction to the model clause.
    If you have read some documentation or articles about model, e.g. given by Rob

it would be very useful if you go through survey provided by Joe Fuda.
This discussion has been closed.