• 3,733,701 Users
  • 2,246,809 Discussions
  • 7,856,850 Comments

Discussions

Can not login to 'http://127.0.0.1:8080/apex/apex_admin'

108872 Member Posts: 11
edited September 2007 in APEX Discussions
Hi
Please help, i can not login into 'http://127.0.0.1:8080/apex/apex_admin' i tried all users and login details including 'admin' and password provided at the time of installation. Login error. any idea?

thanks

Naseer

Comments

523180 Member Posts: 46
    use proper ip , 127.0.0.1 is loopback ip it will never work
    give proper login error
  • John Edward Scott
    John Edward Scott Member Posts: 5,475 Gold Badge
    use proper ip , 127.0.0.1 is loopback ip it will never work
    Sure it will...I use it all the time on my laptop....127.0.0.1 works fine from the browser because it resolves back to the localhost.

Naseer, search these forums for 'reset admin password', you should find a bunch of posts that explain how you can reset the admin password for your installation if you can't find it any other way.
    108872 Member Posts: 11
    Thanks for your reply, I tried not yet come across with similar issues, if do have any link to the issue similar to this please post a reply.
    I checked database did not find any user id 'admin', is this oracle user or windows?

thanks for your help in advance

Naseer
    48335 Member Posts: 8
    Having the same issue here..
    URL Page cannot be found.

Any pointers ?
    Thx
  • dccase
    dccase Member Posts: 1,063
    Are you using the version of Application Express built into Oracle Express Edition,
    or the full Application Express with the Oracle HTTP listener?

If you are using the XE version, there is no apex_admin page, so try
    http://127.0.0.1:8080/apex instead.

If you are using the full version, are you sure it's listening on port 8080?
    That's not the default.
  • maceyah
    maceyah Member Posts: 255
    I have upgraded Apex 2.2 to 3.0.1 on XE.
    I also have no .../apex_admin URL. I need to add a database schema and associate that with a new workspace. I have "requested" a new database schema via Home>Administration>Manage Services > "Request Database Schema"

How do I "approve" the request (as per documentation)?
    http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B32472_01/doc/appdev.300/b32471/adm_wrkspc.htm#CHDHCIFG

Is there another way to add a database schema so that is appears in the dropdown list on the worspace creation form?
  • dccase
    dccase Member Posts: 1,063
    You can also access the administration pages by logging in as:

Workspace: INTERNAL
    User: ADMIN
    Password: the password you assigned when installing Apex
    504435 Member Posts: 446
    You may have very well broken XE:

Note:
    Do not install this version of Oracle Application Express on Oracle Database Express Edition (Oracle Database XE).

I've never done it, but others have. Good luck with that.
  • d_wilhelm
    d_wilhelm Member Posts: 405
    Apex 3.0.1 is officially installable onto XE, read the release notes.
    You're right, but since he linked to the 3.0 docs, I assumed he installed 3.0 on XE, which is not supported:

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B32472_01/doc/install.300/b32468/pre_require.htm#i1009513

Note:
    Do not install this version of Oracle Application Express on Oracle Database Express Edition (Oracle Database XE).
    60437 Member Posts: 16,564
    Tom,

...but since he linked to the 3.0 docs,...

There are no separate 3.0.1 docs apart from the patchset Release Notes. The reference to the doc pertained to a specific question about workspace administration.

I assumed he installed 3.0 on XE,...

He (Andrew) said: "I have upgraded Apex 2.2 to 3.0.1 on XE.

... which is not supported:

XE is not supported, no matter what you do to it.

Scott
    Scott,

Totally misread the version number for his upgrade. That said, I'm not sure why the admin page is not appearing.

According to the 3.0.1 release notes, XE is a supported upgrade to 3.0.1 (just not 3.0):

http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/database/application_express/html/3.0.1_and_xe.html
    According to the 3.0.1 release notes, XE is a supported upgrade to 3.0.1 (just not 3.0)

XE is not an upgrade to 3.0.1. XE is the "Express Edition" of Oracle Database Server 10g while 3.0 and 3.0.1 are versions of Oracle Application Express. The occurrence of the word "Express" in these independent products is happenstance.

With its release of Application Express 3.0.1 Oracle has also provided an approved way for customers to upgrade existing Application Express version 2.1 installations (running on the XE database) to 3.0.1. If you don't do this upgrade, your XE database is unsupported (by Oracle Support). If you choose to do this your XE database is still unsupported.

Scott
    edited July 2007
    You're misunderstanding what I am saying. I am only saying you can upgrade HTMLDB/Apex in XE to Apex 3.0.1, if you desire. I wasn't correlating the products in any way.

EDIT: I see where we went on different paths here. Took me awhile to find it. When you said "XE is not supported, no matter what you do to it", I took that as you could not upgrade HTMLDB/Apex in XE to 3.0.1 Sorry about that.

If you don't do this upgrade, your XE database is unsupported (by Oracle Support). If you choose to do this your XE database is still unsupported.

I like that. :)

Message was edited by:
    Tom Fox
  • maceyah
    maceyah Member Posts: 255
    OK - thanks all. So my best bet would be to try upgrading from 2.1 to 3.0.1 on XE (rather than 2.2 to 3.0.1).

I know the Apex team is small and there must be a ton of work to get all docs updated, but a nice prominent compatibility matrix on the Apex OTN main page would be very useful.

Great product none the less...
  • Jstraub-Oracle
    Jstraub-Oracle Member Posts: 331 Employee
    Responding to the original post:

"i can not login into 'http://127.0.0.1:8080/apex/apex_admin' i tried all users and login details including 'admin' and password provided at the time of installation. Login error. any idea?"

You need to reset the password for the account ADMIN. Follow step 3 of the upgrading XE to 3.0.1 instructions, namely:

@APEX_HOME/apex/apxxepwd.sql password
    (where password is the password of the Application Express internal ADMIN account)

Then when you go to http://127.0.0.1:8080/apex/apex_admin, enter ADMIN for the username, and the password you supplied in the above step.

Regards,

Jason
    357359 Member Posts: 5
    I did that, and I have the following:

Access denied by Application security check

Application access restricted to internal workspace users.

Return to application.
  • Jstraub-Oracle
    Alternatively, you can try logging in to the normal login interface at http://127.0.0.1:8080/apex/apex

Workspace: INTERNAL
    Username: ADMIN
    Password: password you supplied to apxxepwd.sql
    458566 Member Posts: 125
    Sorry to intrude on this post, but I am getting the same errors when trying to log into the apex_admin page.

I saw your post about using the main apex page and INTERNAL as the workspace, but once I logged in
    I was prompted to change my password - but now matter how many times I tries, it would always same
    my current password was incorrect...

And as I side note, I had thought everything installed fine (checked the install log and there were no errors)
    until I tried to install a packaded application (any one of them). The Supporting Ojects install fails for
    the first 39 (create tables etc... see below - I formatted as csv if anyone wants to take a look)

Script Name, Status, Statements Successful, Statements with Errors, Total Statements
    Tables, Errors, 0, 28, 28
    Aria Warehouse Package, Errors, 0, 2, 2
    Aria API Package, Errors, 0, 2, 2
    Aria Image Package, Errors, 0, 4, 4
    vcf procedure, Errors, 0, 2, 2
    Seed HR Data, Errors, 0, 1, 1
    Create Users, Success, 1, 0, 1
    Aria Image, Success, 2, 0, 2
    CSS, Success, 2, 0, 2
    Create Image: tab_list_left_cap.gif, Success, 2, 0, 2
    Create Image: tab_list_right_cap.gif, Success, 2, 0, 2
    Create Image: no_pic_on_file.gif, Success, 2, 0, 2
    Create Image: vcard.gif, Success, 2, 0, 2
    Create Image: 20px_search.jpg, Success, 2, 0, 2
    Create Image: FFFFFFl.gif, Success, 2, 0, 2
    Create Image: FFFFFFr.gif, Success, 2, 0, 2
    Create Image: tbg.gif, Success, 2, 0, 2
    Create Image: fbg.gif, Success, 2, 0, 2
    20px_search.jpg, Success, 2, 0, 2
    FFFFFFl.gif, Success, 2, 0, 2
    theme_V2.css, Success, 2, 0, 2
    report total:,, 29, 39, 68

Thanks,

Corey
  • Jstraub-Oracle
    Corey:

I would try running apxxepwd.sql again, passing the password you want to use for ADMIN on the command line. Then use that password to login as INTERNAL/ADMIN/password_supplied_to_apxxepwd

Once you have logged in to the administrative interface, create a new workspace. Login to the new workspace and try importing a packaged application.

Regards,

Jason
    41813 Member Posts: 10
    edited August 2007
    I had the same problem. After installing a clean copy of Oracle XE I upgraded immediately without logging into the application. After the upgrade I tried to login in workspace INTERNAL with the password I provided running:

@APEX_HOME/apex/apxxepwd.sql password

I can login but then I’m forced to reset my password but this fails in the second screen. Somehow the users didn’t appear on the reset screen and so my old password could be validated. I solved this by updating the user table under the flows schema.

Login as sys with sqlpus (sqlplus [email protected] as sysdba )on the XE database and run this script:

update flows_030000.wwv_flow_fnd_user
    set change_password_on_first_use ='N'
    where lower(user_name) = 'admin'
    /
    commit
    /

After that al seems the work perfectly.
    494434 Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2007
    Dear all,

I am experiencing the same problem with Apex admin as described above.

My XE is on Windows XP ;
    - Oracle Database 10g Express Edition Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Product
    - PL/SQL Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production
    - CORE 10.2.0.1.0 Production
    - TNS for 32-bit Windows: Version 10.2.0.1.0 - Production
    - NLSRTL Version 10.2.0.1.0 - Production

- PL/SQL Web Toolkit 10.1.2.0.6

APEX 3.0.1 successfully upgraded, working on XML DB not Apache/mod_PLSQL (as you may identify)

Problem Description;

1. try to login to http://127.0.0.1:8080/apex/apex_admin ADMIN/password delivered
    to apxxepwd.sql
    Could not login Access denied...
    2. Try to login to http://127.0.0.1:8080/apex/apex INTERNAL\ADMIN\password
    Same
    3. Applied script
    update flows_030000.wwv_flow_fnd_user
    set change_password_on_first_use ='N'
    where lower(user_name) = 'admin'
    /
    commit
    /
    now it does not deny but browser do not give any response, is seem like it do not reject but no action browser waits for apex/wwv_flow.accept... but nothing happens.

Same happens on iexplorer and mozilla firefox not browser related I mean.

Any guidance?

Regards, Serkan

Message was edited by:
    salpcan

Soory I need to add something;

on firefox the username was empty after I enter the old and new password fields it ask me which user in a popup window. And I selected ADMIN, nothing happens. It ask again and again to change the old password with the new one.
    But on iexplorer it asks me after long wait to change ADMIN password and I am successful to change it and could login on the next time.

After I was succesful on iexplorer, also I am able to login on firefox with http://127.0.0.1:8080/apex/apex

Many Regards to whom it may help
    Serkan,

Thanks for those details. I've just discovered that when the change password page is rendered and the username field is empty, it's because of a bug related to your having another browser session open in which there is an Application Express session cookie. This could be what you experienced. Closing all browsers and trying again is one way to avoid this bug.

Scott
    494434 Member Posts: 4
    I have simulated the issue on a fresh installation.

And, your Post works, exactly the same as you described, many thanks.
This discussion has been closed.