Forum Stats

• 3,826,778 Users
  • 2,260,707 Discussions
  • 7,897,072 Comments

Discussions

SSIS Error with Oracle 10.2 in 64Bit environment

609314 Member Posts: 1
edited Feb 18, 2011 4:45PM in Oracle Provider for OLE DB
I am trying to debug a SSIS package in BIDS which was developed in a 32 Bit environment. The machine on which I am trying to bebug is a 64Bit with Windows 2003. Our DBA has installed both the 64 Bit as well as the 32 Bit client on the 64bit machine.

When I open the package in BIDS, I am able to see the list of providers. I can create a data source using .NET Providers for Oledb\Oracle Provider for OLE DB and when I click the TEST button, the test succeeds. However, when I try to bebug the package, it errors out with the following error.

[bill_to_dim [83]] Error: System.InvalidOperationException: The 'OraOLEDB.Oracle.1' provider is not registered on the local machine. at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.Wrapper.IDTSConnectionManager90.AcquireConnection(Object pTransaction) at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.DataReaderSourceAdapter.AcquireConnections(Object transaction) at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ManagedComponentHost.HostAcquireConnections(IDTSManagedComponentWrapper90 wrapper, Object transaction)

I have checked to ensure that the oraOLEDB10.dll is registered on the machine. the Oracle\Home folder has full rights

What I dont understand is that if the connection succeeds in Design time why does it fail at Run Time.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!
AB
Tagged:

Comments

122619 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

I am running into the exact same problem in exact same environment (64-bit std edition - BIDS attempting Oracle connection).

Did you get a resolution on this?

Thank you
    MJ
    162696 Member Posts: 3
    edited Sep 24, 2009 5:55PM
    I've resolved this legendary issue recently.

You have to uninstall 10.2 but install Oracle 11g client 32bit & 64bit both version and have to change registry little bit.
    For some reason my colleague fixed that issue with some patches on Oracle 10g installation, but that doesn't work for me...

Please refer to the link for detail...
    [http://knol.google.com/k/jeyong-park/accessing-oracle-data-source-from-64bit]

Edited by: [email protected] on Sep 24, 2009 5:51 PM
    841084 Member Posts: 1
    jy**** wrote:

I've resolved this legendary issue recently.

You have to uninstall 10.2 but install Oracle 11g client 32bit &amp; 64bit both <font face="tahoma,verdana,sans-serif" size="1" color="#000">version</font> and have to change registry little bit.

For some reason my colleague fixed that issue with some patches on Oracle 10g installation, but that doesn't work for me...

Please refer to the link for detail...

[http://knol.google.com/k/jeyong-park/accessing-oracle-data-source-from-64bit]

Edited by: [email protected] on Sep 24, 2009 5:51 PM
    Nice writing, Thanks for your instruction!
This discussion has been closed.