Forum Stats

• 3,839,340 Users
  • 2,262,485 Discussions
  • 7,900,937 Comments

Discussions

Answer for Adam Maliborski re: "potential branding problem"

Adam,

I tried to answer your question about using a branding image, but it now seems to be garbled. So I'm posting this as a new item:

You said you configured OHW, as documented, to use a branding image:
<branding>
<brandingImage source="head_logo.gif" shortDesc="Help" />
</branding>
and it worked when viewed locally, but it didn't work when viewed over the network.

You're not doing anything wrong, at least not according to what's documented. The problem is that OHW is not making the branding image accessible by an HTTP URL -- it's putting an IMG tag with SRC equal to the URL specified in ohwconfig.xml. So, the workaround is to put a URL in ohwconfig.xml that's accessible by clients -- ie, an HTTP URL. Assuming that the OHW instance is set up in a fairly normal fashion, i.e., if the ohwconfig.xml is in the helpsets directory and the image is there as well, the product branding image should be set like this:

<brandingImage source="http://server/ohw/helpsets/productBrand.gif" shortDesc="desc" />

Actually, the URL can be anywhere, but whatever is put in the "source" parameter must be an URL that you can type directly into a browser and see the image.

We'll work to fix this--at least we'll update the doc!
This discussion has been closed.