Connection Problem — oracle-tech

Forum Stats

• 3,715,957 Users
  • 2,242,917 Discussions
  • 7,845,703 Comments

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Connection Problem

233897 Member Posts: 5
After I craeted a new Connection I get the error:
Eine nicht behandelte Ausnahme des Typs 'System.DllNotFoundException' ist in oracle.dataaccess.dll aufgetreten.

Zusdtzliche Informationen: Die DLL (OraOps.dll) kann nicht geladen werden.
What's wrong with my installation?

The OraOps.dll and the Oracle.DataAccess.dll as well exist in the ORACLE_HOME\bin directory!

Comments

228242 Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

I got exactly the same problem but in the English version.

--
    An unhandled exception of type 'System.DllNotFoundException' occurred in oracle.dataaccess.dll

Additional information: Unable to load DLL (OraOps.dll).
    --

Although testing the connection to an Oracle 8.0.5 database didn't give any problems (in the Net Manager),
    making a connection through ODP.NET failed with the same problem.

Is this a problem with ODP.NET or VB.NET ??
    How can we resolve it ??

My operating system : Windows NT 4.0 with Service Pack 6a
    Oracle Database 8.0.5

Programming with VB6, ADO and Oracle Provider for OLE DB worked just fine, but
    hopefully, someone can provide us with an answer so we can start using a native Oracle driver for development in VB.NET.

Thanks in advance.
    182042 Member Posts: 563
    1. Make sure that ORACLE_HOME\bin directory is in your system path. This directory is added to system path by installer by default but might be missing on your system.

2. Do you have multiple Oracle Homes on this machine?

3. Did you install ODP.NET in a previous Oracle Home?
    228242 Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

Thanks a lot for the hint.
    By putting the path "ORACLE_HOME\BIN" at the beginning of my system path, I could establish a connection using ODP.NET
    I think I'm off to converting my VB6 - Oracle OLEDB - application and test performance & stability.

Thanks a lot for helping my on the way.
    233897 Member Posts: 5
    Another work arround is to set the working directory project to ORACLE_HOME/bin driectory of the ODP installation...
This discussion has been closed.