Forum Stats

• 3,873,748 Users
  • 2,266,637 Discussions
  • 7,911,626 Comments

Discussions

MS Access 2007 DB migration To oracle 10g

656050 Member Posts: 4
HI,

I am using oracle sql developer 1.2 for migrating ms access 2007 db to oracle.i aint that well acquintated with this tool

i followed the step i found online for the process

1.create db connection to oracle
2.create repoistory
3.create connection to access
4.capture access db---> in this step i am getting this error

oracle.dbtools.migration.capture.CaptureException: No edition of Microsoft Access was found on this machine

so need help on this

Comments

here is the details of the error

java.lang.Exception: oracle.dbtools.migration.capture.CaptureException: No edition of Microsoft Access was found on this machine
    at oracle.dbtools.migration.workbench.core.ui.AbstractMigrationProgressRunnable.start(AbstractMigrationProgressRunnable.java:141)
    at oracle.dbtools.migration.workbench.core.CaptureInitiator.launch(CaptureInitiator.java:93)
    at oracle.dbtools.raptor.controls.sqldialog.ObjectActionController.handleEvent(ObjectActionController.java:146)
    at oracle.ide.controller.IdeAction.performAction(IdeAction.java:524)
    at oracle.ide.controller.IdeAction.actionPerformedImpl(IdeAction.java:855)
    at oracle.ide.controller.IdeAction.actionPerformed(IdeAction.java:496)
    at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1849)
    at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2169)
    at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:420)
    at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:258)
    at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(AbstractButton.java:302)
    at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(BasicMenuItemUI.java:1000)
    at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(BasicMenuItemUI.java:1041)
    at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:5488)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3126)
    at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:5253)
    at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:1966)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:3955)
    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2024)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:3803)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4212)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:3892)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:3822)
    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2010)
    at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:1774)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:3803)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:463)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:242)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:163)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:157)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:149)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)
    Caused by: oracle.dbtools.migration.capture.CaptureException: No edition of Microsoft Access was found on this machine
    at oracle.dbtools.migration.workbench.plugin.access.MSAccessOnlineCapturer.executeAccessExporter(MSAccessOnlineCapturer.java:159)
    at oracle.dbtools.migration.workbench.plugin.access.MSAccessOnlineCapturer.captureObjects(MSAccessOnlineCapturer.java:104)
    at oracle.dbtools.migration.capture.OnlineCaptureWorker.captureCatalogImpl(OnlineCaptureWorker.java:100)
    at oracle.dbtools.migration.capture.CaptureWorker.captureCatalog(CaptureWorker.java:316)
    at oracle.dbtools.migration.capture.CaptureWorker.captureType(CaptureWorker.java:273)
    at oracle.dbtools.migration.capture.CaptureWorker.runCapture(CaptureWorker.java:231)
    at oracle.dbtools.migration.workbench.core.ui.CaptureRunner.doWork(CaptureRunner.java:65)
    at oracle.dbtools.migration.workbench.core.ui.AbstractMigrationProgressRunnable.run(AbstractMigrationProgressRunnable.java:161)
    at oracle.dbtools.migration.workbench.core.ui.MigrationProgressBar.run(MigrationProgressBar.java:569)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
  • MMEGE-Oracle
    MMEGE-Oracle Member Posts: 150
    Please can you let me knowl if you have MS Access 2007 installed on your machine?
    Wich Access product did you installed?Can you uninstall it by the ControlPanel/Add or Remove Programs (even if this via Office product uninstall)
    Because if you've only a runtime install, it's not enough.
    Thanks

Regards

Mireille
    I Have MS Access 2007 intsalled and have installed full office suite 2007 is there a problem with 2007 version ???
  • MMEGE-Oracle
    If you have a look to the documentation:
    http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E12151_01/doc.150/e12153/install.htm#CIHDHHHJ
    you can see MS Access 2007 is not supported.
    Only omwb2000.mde, omwb2002.mde and omwb2003.mde exists to migrate Access db.

Have you try to save your MDB files as MS Access 2003 or previous version?
    I'm sceptical as SQL*Dev needs to launch MSACCESS.EXE binary and the 2007 binary is really different from previous.....

Regards,

Mireille
    So can you suggest any tool or way in which i can migrate ms 2007 to oracle db
    659954 Member Posts: 11
    i have the same problem.but i uninstall 2007,and install 2003.the problem is solved.

so i suggest you save as 2003,then reinstall 2003 as your access db.

I hope this helps.
    Regards,
    Lao
    309018 Member Posts: 18
    Well that's a workaround IF you have old version of Access to return to, given you want the hassle of uninstalling/installing Access Versions.

Version 1.5.1 came out June 2008 and it still manages to ignore Access 2007????

Can someone give us some idea when we might expect an Access 2007 compatible version?
    309018 Member Posts: 18
    Further to previous, Access 2007 does have capability to export to ODBC database. (External Data \ Export \ More \ODBC Database).

However, it only does a table at a time.

Didn't do the creation of a sequence/trigger for the AUTONUMBER field.

Also found that the table was created with table_name in mixed case i.e. Table1.

Exported a view and it created a table.

So while it may be a help it certainly doesn't do the job as well as Migration Workbench.
  • MMEGE-Oracle
    I remind you that's not necessary to uninstall your MS Access 2007.
    You've just to open your Access database and go to the menu Tools/Database Utilities/Convert database/To Access 200x version.
    That will convert your database to be used via the OMWB2003.mde or OMWB200.mde tool.

Regards,

Mireille
    739682 Member Posts: 5
    Please note that the Release Candidate 1 of version 2.1 of the SQL developer tools seems to support MS Access 2007.
This discussion has been closed.
developers