• 3,814,863 Users
  • 2,258,921 Discussions
  • 7,892,882 Comments

Discussions

Import / Export Components

647472 Member Posts: 128
edited Aug 25, 2008 4:09PM in APEX Discussions
I exported all my LOVs and Application Processes to an SQL file,
when i try to import into another host with the same application ID, I get the following error:

These components were exported from a different application or from an application in a different workspace. The components cannot be installed in this application.
Tagged:

Best Answer

60437 Member Posts: 16,564
    edited Aug 25, 2008 4:09PM Answer ✓
    The workspace IDs in each database must be identical. The idea is that the host application be "the same" application in terms of its internal object IDs, its application ID, and the containing workspace ID. You can achieve this by exporting the workspace to a file and importing/installing it into the next database in order to prepare for the introduction of "copies of" applications and their components into the "copy of" the workspace.

Scott

Answers

60437 Member Posts: 16,564
    edited Aug 25, 2008 4:09PM Answer ✓
    The workspace IDs in each database must be identical. The idea is that the host application be "the same" application in terms of its internal object IDs, its application ID, and the containing workspace ID. You can achieve this by exporting the workspace to a file and importing/installing it into the next database in order to prepare for the introduction of "copies of" applications and their components into the "copy of" the workspace.

Scott
This discussion has been closed.