• 3,827,453 Users
  • 2,260,777 Discussions
  • 7,897,249 Comments

Discussions

Calling Jdeveloper ADF Application from Oracle Forms

640822 Member Posts: 11
edited Aug 28, 2008 12:52PM in JDeveloper and ADF
Hallo All,

i want to call an ADF Application from Jdeveloper in Oracle Forms. I followed the exapmple here(http://www.oracle.com/technology/obe/obe11jdev/11/dvt/gant_chart_pivot_table.htm) and created the master-detail page, guage,gantts chart,pivot table . Now i am looking at the opportunity of calling this application in Forms Builder, so that when i click on a buttoun i can see the Gantt chart or Map or Pivot table i created in Jdeveloper.
Does anyone have any idea? Pls can you give me a step by step know-how of the solution?

Thanks..
Tagged:

Answers

• Shay Shmeltzer-Oracle
    Shay Shmeltzer-Oracle Director of Product Management for Oracle's Cloud Development Tools Posts: 16,867 Employee
    Use the Forms web.show_document built in function to call the URL of your ADF web page.
    (or if you are in client server mode in Forms use the host built in with the URL).
    640822 Member Posts: 11
    hallo,

Thanks for your reply. i need to have control over the application . if i just use web.show_document, it will only work when the embedded-oc4j server of jdeveloper is on( and jdeveloper itself must be started).
    what i need is to be able to get all the generated classes of the ADF BC or create them as a JavaBean and if possible deploy a jar file that contains all the classes which i can import into forms. I wan Forms to control the application fully.

is this possible?

Thanks
  • Shay Shmeltzer-Oracle
    Shay Shmeltzer-Oracle Director of Product Management for Oracle's Cloud Development Tools Posts: 16,867 Employee
    The ADF application you created is a Web application - you'll need to deploy it to your application server and then you'll be able to access it from Forms using the Web.show_document.
    You can't have it as a jar inside forms - this is used for Javabeans/applets and not for Web JSF applications.

Your Form can then invoke the Web application and pass parameters to it on the URL that it invokes.
This discussion has been closed.