Discussions

Oracle Reports embed in JDeveloper

Zakir Hossain
Zakir Hossain Member Posts: 127
edited Sep 1, 2008 5:25PM in JDeveloper and ADF
Reports in Jdeveloper ?
===========================
Hi Experts,
I am finding a solution over there about suitable Reporting tools by Oracle JDeveloper 11g . I am migrating oracle forms to JDeveloper and trying to reporting solution.
How can I embed Oracle Reports in JDeveloper ? Anybody have solution about such as ADF with JDeveloper UI source examples? Please reply me.

Thanks
zakir
====

Edited by: ZakirHossain on Aug 29, 2008 2:00 PM

Answers

• Steve Muench-Oracle
    Steve Muench-Oracle Member Posts: 5,465 Employee
    Unlike JDeveloper 10g Release 10.1.2, the JDeveloper 11g release has no built-in integration with Oracle Reports. In the Fusion Applications timeframe, whose technology stack includes JDeveloper/ADF 11g, internal teams are using [Oracle BI Publisher|http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/xml-publisher/index.html] for their reporting.

In addition to that, I know other customers have used open source reporting alternatives like Jasper Reports.
  • Thank you for your reply. It seems little bit nearest to found solution but by where can I get such a simple example Integration Oracle BI Publisher in JDeveloper 11g ?

I need a example to populate such a report by calling from ADF application with passing specific parameter like as Oracle Reports.

Thanks.
    zakir
    ===
  • Steve Muench-Oracle
    Steve Muench-Oracle Member Posts: 5,465 Employee
    I unfortunately don't have a ready-made sample. Googling for JDeveloper and BI Publisher I saw a few articles that might give you some pointers. The BI Publisher home page on OTN has a number of examples and tutorials, too.
  • Zakir Hossain
    edited Aug 30, 2008 1:21AM
    Hi Steve,
    I can not find any reference of BIPublisher and JDeveloper11g example about integration. So have you any idea how can I start this? You have please reply me.

Thanks.
    ====

Edited by: ZakirHossain on Aug 30, 2008 11:20 AM
  • John Stegeman
    John Stegeman Member Posts: 24,269 Blue Diamond
    edited Aug 30, 2008 3:16AM
    Zakir,

If you asked Google as Steve suggested, you'd find [url http://oraclebizint.wordpress.com/2008/01/04/oracle-bi-publisher-101331-creating-applications-using-jdeveloper-11g-and-web-service-soap-apis/]this and [url http://www.oracle.com/technology/pub/articles/vohra-jdev-xmlpub.html]this and [url http://whitepapers.zdnet.com/abstract.aspx?docid=347785]this and....

John
    John Stegeman
  • Hi ,
    Thanks for your given links which is helpful from me but I can not find any sources such a example . I am very much tired to finding about this issue. I am trying to migrate oracle forms to JDeveloper so that in my company is a oracle (ISV) partner and we were developed enterprise application by using Oracle forms and reports (developer suite 10g) integration.

I cannot find any good solution about JDeveloper Reporting integration such as Oracle Reports. If anybody help me with given example I will be grateful.

Thanks
    zakir
    ====
  • expected answered not found.
  • John Stegeman
    John Stegeman Member Posts: 24,269 Blue Diamond
    Zakir,

Not sure what you expect, then. The links show how to call BI Publisher (formerly XML Publisher) to generate reports (HTML/PDF).

John
    607283 Member Posts: 144
    Zakir just happen to chance on your post.

If you're hell bent on using only Oracle Reports, an excellent way of achieving the same is by using a separate servlet which would redirect you to a dedicated report server by call to the reports through a URI. This is precisely what my current organization does. So essentially from Jdev you make the URI call to your oracle report from a jsp and generate the report in a fashion you choose.

However, if you're just starting out with the reports creation and looking for a tool, I strongly recommend Jasper. (All due respect to Oracle but the current integration of Oracle Reports with Jdev isn't too smooth). Jasper is basically Core java at heart. So it seamlessly gels into your Jdev web-app.

But like my organization, if you already have numerous reports created in Oracle-Reports, to-date my above mentioned solution is the only one I could find.

Cheers
    K
  • Zakir Hossain
    edited Sep 1, 2008 12:38PM
    Thanks k to send a message about Reporting ,
    Currently my organization were using Oracle Developersuite10g(forms , reports) , so we are expert of that . But now we are are trying migrating to JDeveloper and finding best way about reporting tools. In previous Steve was wrote in this thread about BI Publisher and I was found about that which is more useful rather then other reporting tools Because created reports can run Independently even microsoft word.

But I was finding proper solution about reporting with specific example. The Jasper Reporting tools are very good but it may difficult to build, as I think.+

Thanks.
    zakir
    ====

Edited by: ZakirHossain on Sep 1, 2008 10:38 PM
This discussion has been closed.