• 7,900,298 Comments

Discussions

Post 3.1.2 Patch IRR Some Format Masks still causing issues

Simon Gadd
Simon Gadd Member Posts: 598
edited Sep 5, 2008 4:47AM in APEX Discussions
Hi Folks.

Applied Patch 3.1.2

The good news is that if I apply the following format mask...
999G999G999G999G990D00
to a column being returned from a view as type NUMBER I can now produce an Excel report without getting any nasty errors.

Great so far but!!

If I apply a format mask like
to a column being returned from a view as type NUMBER I still get the good old...
ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error ORA-06512: at "FLOWS_030100.WWV_FLOW_RENDER_QUERY", line 644 ORA-06503: PL/SQL: Function returned without value
What I was hoping we were going to achieve with this patch in regard to this issue is that any* format mask that I, as a developer, choose to apply to the Report Column Attributes and* that successfully renders in the IRR as I would expect it to, will also be output to Excel*

This is not the case.

I have found that, apart from a select few format masks, if I try and use any other masks (which are perfectly legitimate and DO render in the IRR) when it comes to exporting to Excel I get the FLOWS_030100.WWV_FLOW_RENDER_QUERY error.

Can anyone corroborate my findings?

Can anyone let me know if the 'Bug' will be re-opened for APEX 4.0?

Many thanks

Kind regards.

Simon Gadd.

PS. If I do* apply a format mask and* I can get it output to Excel, I lose the ability in Excel to (for example) SUM numeric values that have a format mask applied to them. Any workaround anyone knows?

Edited by: Simon Gadd on Sep 2, 2008 5:59 PM
Tagged:

Comments

This discussion has been closed.