Is Oracle Trigger is Intelligent ?

Nasim Haider
Nasim Haider Member Posts: 93
edited Sep 5, 2008 2:41AM in SQL & PL/SQL
I want to know just one thing.

Is Oracle Trigger is Intelligent ?.

Condition:

If Updating occur than
How to I know in which Column Value is change. ( be smart )
I think its required a huge programming.

So Told me is Oracle is Intelligent ?
Tagged:

Answers

• NicloeiW
    NicloeiW Member Posts: 1,811
    edited Sep 5, 2008 2:28AM
    any program good or bad depends upon how intelligent is the programmer and how smartly he tackls complex situation,

if you intelligently write your code then yes oracle is intelligent, if you stupidly write the code, still oracle is intelligent, coz it tells you where u are wrong,

but yes if programmer is dumb then any amount of intelligence is of no use....

or

"bad habits can also spoil the good horoscope" :-)

Edited by: Nicloei W on Sep 4, 2008 11:00 PM

Edited by: Nicloei W on Sep 4, 2008 11:27 PM
  • Karthick2003
    Karthick2003 Member Posts: 13,711 Bronze Badge
    edited Sep 5, 2008 2:08AM
    Simple by seeing the update statement :-)

You must be more clear on your requirement. What is to purpose of such a requirement? What do you want to do with that information? There are different ways to achieve it. But it all depends on why you want to do it.

And about intelleagence "No matter how good is the blade, if you dont know to shave you will see blood"

Thanks,
    Karthick.

Edited by: Karthick_Arp on Sep 4, 2008 11:02 PM
  • Nasim Haider
    Nasim Haider Member Posts: 93
    Above said answers me that how much you love with oracle. But sorry to say , your love will kill the oracle bcz of your attitude towards the new idea. Because you are ready to accept new idea or some raw idea about some idea.

If developer come to know in what column values are changed, than coding area should be short. Just image of a table of 250 tables. Just 1 record is updated ( one column changes its value ) .

No trace will record of this some of 250 are updated.

Sorry , Not happy happy with the reaction.
  • Karthick2003
    Karthick2003 Member Posts: 13,711 Bronze Badge
    edited Sep 5, 2008 2:41AM
    Table with 250 columns means it’s a lousy design nothing more. It means the designer is not having any clue about normalization.

Again if you update a column you exactly know which one you updated. So what’s the big deal here? As said earlier there are many ways to solve a problem. But all one should know is what exactly is the problem?

So tell me what you are going to do with that information.

Thanks,
    Karthick.

Edited by: Karthick_Arp on Sep 4, 2008 11:40 PM
This discussion has been closed.