Forum Stats

• 3,769,288 Users
  • 2,252,943 Discussions
  • 7,874,980 Comments

Discussions

Cannot Install Oracle 10g Client on Vista x64

658324 Member Posts: 3
edited Sep 6, 2008 8:43PM in Database Installation
I am having trouble installing Oracle 10g Client on Vista x64. I have a Dell Precision 690 with a dual core Xenon 64 bit processor and 4GB of RAM. I am running Windows Vista (x64) Enterprise with SP1. I have searched this site and did not find. Does anyone have an idea what the solution might be?

Answers

587671 Member Posts: 768
    I don't think its possible.. You might be able to install 11g ? . I might be incorrect ...
    I tried that as well. None of the client folders were created.
    587671 Member Posts: 768
    I dont think it possible on the 64bit version.. 32bit of Vista should be fine
    Oracle 11g will install, however the problem lies with the underlying Oracle folders. The install does not create those folders. I need to be able to edit C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\client_1\network\ADMIN\**Files*:* sqlnet.ora and tnsnames.ora. They do not exist on my computer. I have performed this sucessfully on a 32 bit versoin of Vista, but not the 64 bit version.
  • Basically Oracle 10g Server and Client 10.2.0 both are installed under same Oracle Home on Windows Vista Home32 bit OS,but it is not working .When i am trying to log through Enterprise Manager Console or SQl Plus Worksheet with administrator priviledge both the consoles suddenly disappears.If any solution available please forward me at ---------------------------------- [email protected]
  • hatmani
    hatmani Member Posts: 1,123
    user4656287 wrote:
    Basically Oracle 10g Server and Client 10.2.0 both are installed under same Oracle Home on Windows Vista Home32 bit OS,but it is not working .When i am trying to log through Enterprise Manager Console or SQl Plus Worksheet with administrator priviledge both the consoles suddenly disappears.If any solution available please forward me at ---------------------------------- [email protected]
    Oracle 10.2.0.3 for Vista is not certified for Vista Home Editions.
    You need at least OS upgrade to Business Edition.

Cheers!
  • hatmani
    hatmani Member Posts: 1,123
    edited Sep 6, 2008 6:23AM
    user2615543 wrote:
    I am having trouble installing Oracle 10g Client on Vista x64. I have a Dell Precision 690 with a dual core Xenon 64 bit processor and 4GB of RAM. I am running Windows Vista (x64) Enterprise with SP1.
    At least 11g is certified to run on Vista x64 Business, Enterprise, and Ultimate editions. Not sure, about SP1 side effects ;)
    user2615543 wrote:
    Does anyone have an idea what the solution might be?
    At your place I would contact Oracle support in your country.

Cheers!
    658461 Member Posts: 3
    Hello I need a help regd. installation of Oracle 10g or 11g on my system.
    my system config details is:
    windows vista home premium
    system type: 32-bit operating system

can anyone help me out with some solution.
    which version of oracle i can install succesffully with no errors.
    will oracle any version supports vista home premium.

please mail me with details at [email protected]

thanks
  • EdStevens
    EdStevens Member Posts: 28,525 Gold Crown
    Hello I need a help regd. installation of Oracle 10g or 11g on my system.

bq. Please don't hijack someone else's thread.

my system config details is:
    windows vista home premium
    system type: 32-bit operating system

can anyone help me out with some solution.
    which version of oracle i can install succesffully with no errors.
    will oracle any version supports vista home premium.

bq. If you go to to tahiti.oracle.com you can drill down to the complete doc set for your selected product. At that point you will be able to read the relevent installation guide, which will clearly state all prerequisites, including certified OS. This will also put you in the middle of all of the other documentation you will need. FWIW, by doing that myself, I see this in the installation guide for 11.1: \\ Oracle Database for 32-bit Windows is supported on the following operating systems:
    * Windows 2000 with Service Pack 1 or later. All editions, including \\ Terminal Services and Microsoft Windows 2000 MultiLanguage Edition \\ (MLE), are supported.* Windows Server 2003 - all editions* Windows Server 2003 R2 - all editions* Windows XP Professional* Windows Vista - Business, Enterprise, and Ultimate editionsWindows NT is not supported.
    please mail me with details at [email protected]

bq. Post to the forum, read from the forum
    thanks
This discussion has been closed.