Installing ODP.Net with Oracle Applications or Oracle's E-Business Suite — oracle-tech

Forum Stats

• 3,715,827 Users
  • 2,242,890 Discussions
  • 7,845,626 Comments

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Installing ODP.Net with Oracle Applications or Oracle's E-Business Suite

12964 Member Posts: 9
Team,

I'm in the process of developing a tool that will work Oracle's E-Business suite known as release 11i of Oracle Applications. I intend to use a .Net development tool and would like to use ADO and ODP.Net for the database access. Consequently, I'm interested in getting feedback on installing ODP.Net in manner such that it functions with (or upgrades) an 8i database that is currently supporting Oracle Applications. If anyone has done this I'd definitely be interested in hearing from you. However, any suggestions/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Luther

Comments

182042 Member Posts: 563
    ODP.NET works fine against Oracle 8i database but requires Oracle 9i Rel2 client to work with. If you have a previous version of another Oracle product on the same machine, you should install ODP.NET in a different Oracle Home. Make sure that your PATH variable points to the correct Oracle Home location after the installation.
This discussion has been closed.