• 3,815,776 Users
  • 2,259,079 Discussions
  • 7,893,225 Comments

Discussions

Templates and log4jProperties.vm

594115 Member Posts: 29
edited Sep 17, 2008 3:37AM in JHeadstart
Hello,

I am trying to specify some changes to the log4jProperties.vm. I would like to include the changes in a customTemplate.jtp, but can't seem to find the "tag" (like 'data_page=custom/page/dataPageCDB.vm') which would be used for log4jProperties or any other "template/default/misc/file" template. Does anyone know what this and/or the other "tags" might be?

This is being done to prevent the apache axis library from spamming debug messages when using JHS and the ContentDB API together in a development environment.

Thanks in advance,

Steve
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Steven Davelaar-Oracle
    Steven Davelaar-Oracle Member Posts: 3,478
    Answer ✓
    Steve,

The log4j.properties is generated through the fileGenerator.vm template:

#set ($parsedContent = "#JHS_PARSE_NO_DEBUG('default/misc/file/log4jProperties.vm' ${JHS.service})")
    $JHS.createFile("${JHS.sourceRootDir}/log4j.properties", $parsedContent)

It is only generated when the file does not exist yet, so you should be able to just change the log4j.properties.

Steven Davelaar,
    JHeadstart Team.

Answers

• Steven Davelaar-Oracle
    Steven Davelaar-Oracle Member Posts: 3,478
    Answer ✓
    Steve,

The log4j.properties is generated through the fileGenerator.vm template:

#set ($parsedContent = "#JHS_PARSE_NO_DEBUG('default/misc/file/log4jProperties.vm' ${JHS.service})")
    $JHS.createFile("${JHS.sourceRootDir}/log4j.properties", $parsedContent)

It is only generated when the file does not exist yet, so you should be able to just change the log4j.properties.

Steven Davelaar,
    JHeadstart Team.
    594115 Member Posts: 29
    Steven,

Thanks for the quick response and that answered my question. :)

Something to note:
    After some testing (JDeveloper 10.1.3.2, JHeadstart 10.1.3.2), I found that despite the fact that the FILE_GENERATOR templateIdentifier is available for use by groups, it is ignored. Only the service or "top level" template uses the FILE_GENERATOR templateIdentifier. This makes since, but the availability of it in the group templates is a little misleading.

Steve
  • Steve,

That's correct. On our wishlist (not a high priority though), we have "context-sensitive templates tab" which would only show the templates that make sense given the selected node in the tree navigator.

Steven Davelaar,
    JHeadstart team.
This discussion has been closed.