• 3,783,343 Users
  • 2,254,760 Discussions
  • 7,880,369 Comments

Discussions

FRM-92050: Failed to connect to the server: /forms90/l90servlet:-1

582384 Member Posts: 11
edited Sep 18, 2008 1:13PM in Forms
Preface:
I'm not a DBA, I have no formal Oracle training, I'm a developer trying to get a server to work properly.

Problem:
FRM-92050: failed to connect to the server: /forms90/l90servlet:-1 happens when I try to run my named configuration (http://<myhost>:8888/forms90/f90servlet?config=myconfig&userid=myun/[email protected])

If I just run http://<myhost>:8888/forms90/f90servlet, the welcome page comes up fine.

Here is the entry for my config:
[myconfig]
form=myform.fmx
envFile=myenv.env
pageTitle=Test Title
separateFrame=True
lookandfeel=Generic

now, in my <ORACLE_HOME>/9iDS/forms90/server/ path, I have a soft link to my EV, which has the right path settings and such so that the form loads properly. If I leave the softlink, I get the title error. If I copy the env file into the directory, I get a different error:
FRM-92101: A failure has occurred on the Server. You will need to reestablish your session.

I'm not 100% on the FRM number for the second error, since I'm sitting at another machine which normally works and trying to recreate the error, but the message is right. Both have the message (under details):

Java Exception: oracle.forms.net.ConnectionException: Unable to find environment configuration file.

If I comment out the envFile line in the named config entry, the FRM-92101 entry is the same, except the Java Exception is different, since the default.env file doesn't have all the EVs my form needs to run.

That's all the info I can think of... any help would be appreciated. If you need more information, just ask (make sure to tell me how to get that info!). Oh, and before anyone asks why I don't just compare the two computers, the machines are physically disconnected, in closed rooms. I can't transfer files, and I can't even bring printouts to compare.

Environment:

Oracle 9i
Solaris
Netscape 4.79 (don't ask)
Tagged:

Answers

This discussion has been closed.