• 3,839,935 Users
  • 2,262,549 Discussions
  • 7,901,101 Comments

Discussions

11g: Unable to intialize the credential store

648734 Member Posts: 12
edited Oct 14, 2008 11:37PM in JDeveloper and ADF
I have a big problem with this issue

when i create any application having bc4j as connection to DB and using adf table its worked fine, but when i check in the application to the cvs, and get it again, i get this msg when updating the connection information from the Model.jpx: " Unable to initialize the credential store". and save the information but in the run its dont take it giving me Error while penning JDBC connection.

any help please this happen with the release but when test the same case with the preview 4 worked fine.

Thanks

Yaghi,
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 38,598 Red Diamond
    Answer ✓
    We don't put the cwallet.sso file under CVS for this reason.
    The only disadvantage is, that after each checkout of the application you have to specify the connections again. But this is just copying them from the IDE connections to the project.

Timo

Answers

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 38,598 Red Diamond
    Hi,
    this happens when your cwallet.sso file gets corrupted. I never figured out when this happens but here's what I do:
    1. remove all connection from your project
    2. close JDEV
    3. remove the cwallet.sso file (search for it in the workspace folder first)
    4. start JDEV
    5. add the needed connection back to the application (the cwallet.sso file will be created)

That should do it.

Timo
    Timo Hahn
    648734 Member Posts: 12
    i check it until now and i found out that the encoding is the problem when you add cvs connection you should specify the encoding if the operating system is different, so in my case i put it ASCII and then i test it, but if the encoding is not this the cvs will change the files contents such as cwallet.sso and other files so the solution is to specify the encoding so file like cwallet.sso converted to binary file.

your answer is true but i shall do it every time i take the application from the cvs.

Thanks very much for your reply i appreciate.
  • Timo Hahn
    Answer ✓
    We don't put the cwallet.sso file under CVS for this reason.
    The only disadvantage is, that after each checkout of the application you have to specify the connections again. But this is just copying them from the IDE connections to the project.

Timo
    665217 Member Posts: 1
    I got the same error but not related to CVS, may be because I am using the multi-lang version of Oracle 10g XE? Not sure about the exact cause.

Anyway, I followed the instruction above and renamed cwallet.sso (in case I need them back later) in the directories below and seemed to fix the problem (couldn't find the file in my workspace):

<installed drive>:\Oracle\Middleware\jdeveloper\modules\oraclle.jps_11.1.1\domain_config
    <installed drive>:\Oracle\Middleware\jdeveloper\system\system11.1.1.0.31.51.56\o.jdevimpl.rescat2
    <installed drive>:\Oracle\Middleware\jdeveloper\system\system11.1.1.0.31.51.56\DefaultDomain\config\oracle

After a new connection was created, I noticed a new cwallet.sso file was created in <installed drive>:\Oracle\Middleware\jdeveloper\system\system11.1.1.0.31.51.56\o.jdevimpl.rescat2

Spent a few days already to troubleshoot the problem and happy to have it finally fixed, thanks!
This discussion has been closed.