• 3,838,069 Users
  • 2,262,326 Discussions
  • 7,900,493 Comments

Discussions

500 Internal server error while deploying web applications in jdeveloper

user3890650
user3890650 Member Posts: 11
edited Oct 14, 2008 11:25AM in JDeveloper and ADF
I am getting the following error while trying to deploy my web application in Jdeveloper:

500 Internal Server Error
Servlet error: An exception occurred. The current application deployment descriptors do not allow for including it in this response.
Please consult the application log for details.

Please help me.

Or where can i find the detailed log regarding this.

I even tried to remove the shared libraries / common logs/ set the development true in orion-web.xml file but to my disappointment..

Please help me !!!!

Regards,
Shaily
Tagged:

Answers

152512 Member Posts: 84
    Hi,

Have you successfully deployed a very simple application to your WLS server? If not, you should probably try that first.

The log files should be in your system folder, under (for example): C:\Documents and Settings\myname.ST-USERS\Application Data\JDeveloper\system11.1.1.xxxx\DefaultDomain

Blaise
  • Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 38,575 Red Diamond
    It would be of great help for us if you first tell us which version of JDEV you are talking about.
    All I get from the error message is that your deployment descriptors are wrong.
    Search for the full log and see if it contains more info.

Timo
  • user3890650
    Thanks for ur help

Jdeveloper version is 10.1.3.2.0

I have deployed simple application.

I even went thru the log files located at :
    $ORACLE_HOME/opmn/logs/default_group~oc4j_soa~default_group~1.log:
    $ORACLE_HOME/j2ee/oc4j_soa//application-deployments/gateway/oc4j_soa_default_group_1/application.log

but it was not of any help.

Can you help me figure out where i can get the detailed log file. Very recently i have started using jdeveloper,so i am having difficulty figuring out the log also.
  • user3890650
    Hi Blaise,

Thanks!!

Since i am new in using Jdeveloper, I have started with simple application itself.

I could not figure out the log files at the location suggested by you...

I figured out the logs located at, but it was not helpful to me :

$ORACLE_HOME/opmn/logs/default_group~oc4j_soa~default_group~1.log:
    $ORACLE_HOME/j2ee/oc4j_soa//application-deployments/gateway/oc4j_soa_default_group_1/application.log

how do i proceed further.
  • Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 38,575 Red Diamond
    Ok that's the information I was looking for.
    Blaise is taking about the new Oracle Weblogic Server which is for JDEV11R1 only. So you are not able to fine the logs.

One other thing to clear up is that you mentioned that you try to deploy the app in JDev. By that you mean that you try to deploy it to the embedded OC4J in JDev?
    Or do you use JDEV to deploy it to an external OC4J instance (standalone or in a Oracle Application Server)?

Timo
  • Jan Vervecken
    Jan Vervecken Member Posts: 2,842
    hi Shaily (user3890650)

see the forum thread "The current application deployment descriptors do not allow for ..."

(tip : You can use "Your Control Panel" to make your name visible in forum posts.)

success
    Jan Vervecken
This discussion has been closed.