Forum Stats

• 3,827,127 Users
  • 2,260,742 Discussions
  • 7,897,178 Comments

Discussions

ICEbrowser in OHJ

We are currently using OHJ 4.1.12, which includes ICEbrowser 5.01, for online help that includes nested ordered and unordered lists, each with its own CSS list style (for example, decimal, lower-alpha, lower-roman, square, disc, circle). Apparently, ICEsoft began supporting the CSS attribute "list-style-type" with ICEbrowser 5.15.

Do you know if and when OHJ will include ICEbrowser 5.1.5 or higher? In the meantime, do you know of a workaround that would enable us to use ICEbrowser 5.1.5 in OHJ 4.1.12?

Thanks,

Kurt

Comments

187538 Member Posts: 24
    I don't know when OHJ will be upgrading their version of the ICEBrowser. However, if you go to www.icesoft.com, you can get information on obtaining their latest version. Once you have that version, you should be able to write a wrapper class around their new browser that implements OHJ's HTMLBrowser interface. I've never tried this, but my guess is that it would be a non-trivial task.

Jeff
    3004 Member Posts: 204,171 Green Ribbon
    Do you know if and when OHJ will include ICEbrowser 5.1.5 or higher?
    We are currently working on integrating ICE 5.2.1 into OHJ. The next OHJ release will include ICE 5.2.1 or higher and is scheduled to come out in the fall.
    In the meantime, do you know of a workaround that would enable us to use
    ICEbrowser 5.1.5 in OHJ 4.1.12?
    There is no reasonable workaround. Oracle's ICE browser is substantially customized. Just dropping in a standard ICE version will not work well.

-brian
This discussion has been closed.