Forum Stats

• 3,838,710 Users
  • 2,262,394 Discussions
  • 7,900,739 Comments

Discussions

License information when distributing an OHJ project?

Hi,

When distributing our OHJ project with an application, do we need to include any licensing or trademark information in the About box of our application or in any other place? I've combed through all of the OHJ documentation and can't find anything explicit, but I just want to make sure before I conclude that we're off the hook.

Thank you!
Angela

Comments

187538 Member Posts: 24
    I am no legal expert, nor am I an Oracle representative, but I haven't seen anything about this. Oracle included their own copyright notice in the About box of the help navigator itself. My guess is that this is sufficient. Of course, just to be safe, we have a snippet in our copyright notice (but not our About box) crediting "portions copyright Oracle corporation" or some such.

Jeff
    338094 Member Posts: 8
    Thank you, Jeff! You have a good point about the About box!

A
  • Hi Angela,

The last word in the licensing requirements is in the license distributed with every OHJ release. In recent releases of OHJ, look for license.html in the doc\papers directory under your OHJ installation. It does not say anything about including a notice.

-Ben
    Oracle Help team
    250786 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Angela,
    The last word in the licensing requirements is in the license distributed with every OHJ release. In recent releases of OHJ, look for license.html in the doc\papers directory under your OHJ installation. It does not say anything about including a notice.
    -Ben
    Oracle Help team
    The license requirements in license.html seem to be considerably
    less restrictive or complex than those in the "Oracle Technology Network
    Development and Distribution License Terms" that has to be accepted
    before downloading OHJ - which is the 'correct' one?

Alisdair
This discussion has been closed.