• 3,815,470 Users
  • 2,259,033 Discussions
  • 7,893,115 Comments

Discussions

Dynamic content page. OpenScript

683281 Member Posts: 5
edited Feb 9, 2009 3:44AM in QA/Testing
Hello,

I have to test an application which content is dynamic.
There is a page which has one or three buttons.
Under these buttons there is a list. When this list id empty there is one button (it is Add button)
When there is something on this list there are three buttons (Add, Edit and Delete buttons).
If I recorded application for one button then, when I played it back for three buttons there is a lot of errors like: failed to create variable INPUT_12_0.

The number of elements on the page is changing and I don't know how to solve the problem of numbering this element while playing back.

I've got another problem. While playing back the script I've got the error: Failed to solve JavaScript variable JAVASCRIPT_82_2:1:82:2:0. This happens during trying to puch the button and opening another page.

Please, help me solve these problems.

Edited by: userm on 2009-02-06 04:42

Edited by: userm on 2009-02-09 00:44

Answers

• IHodgetts
    IHodgetts Member Posts: 264
    The area you need to be looking in is "Object Identification" in the script options menu. Basically it sounds like you need to use the NAME of the objects rather than the index number. I actually had the reverse problem; multiple objects on the same page with the same name. You may be better changing this priority on a per-script basis (though you can do this globally).

Options/CurrentScript/Recording/ObjectIdentification

Hope this helps!
    683281 Member Posts: 5
    I forgot to tell that I have this problem in Open Script.
    But thank you for help
This discussion has been closed.