• 3,874,905 Users
  • 2,266,789 Discussions
  • 7,912,003 Comments

Discussions

error communicating with Oracle Load Testing Agent process on host machine

684950 Member Posts: 1
edited Feb 13, 2009 10:47AM in QA/Testing
Hi,all
when I use the Oracle Load Testing tool under the guide, I got one error message "error communicating with Oracle Load Testing Agent process on host machine" after I press the Run button. And no scirpt execute.
How to solve this problem, thanks a lot!

songnl

Answers

647280 Member Posts: 30
    There is a new "Oracle Load Testing Agent Authentication Manager" in the OATS -> Tools program menu. Be sure the username and password that is set in this tool, is the same as the one used in the Eload Agent System setttings. This is still required for the local machine. If you do not recall the password you created at install, just delete the entry in the "Agent Authentication Manager", and create a new one.

This note is shown in the 8.5 release notes C:\OracleATS\OFT\readme.htm

If your script fails to playback successfully in Oracle Load Testing for Web Applications due to Windows authentication or other user permissions related issues with your application, this may be due to the login authentication of the Oracle Load Testing for Web Applications Agent Service. The Oracle Load Testing for Web Applications Agent Service which runs all the Virtual Users on a given Agent system will by default be installed to run under the Local System account. This may cause issues for certain applications if they block access to this account. To address this, open the Oracle Load Testing for Web Applications Agent Service in the Services panel and change the login to run under a specific user with appropriate application permissions.
This discussion has been closed.