• 3,816,120 Users
  • 2,259,147 Discussions
  • 7,893,392 Comments

Discussions

Driver Error -1,java.io.IOException:Socket is already closed,ReadTimedOut

679279 Member Posts: 61
edited Apr 30, 2009 5:04AM in QA/Testing
Hi all,

today i perform some load testing on my application.
i consistently increase the virtual users started initially with 5 virtual users.when i increase the count to around 30
i found en Error:"Driver Error -1,java.io.IOException:Socket is already closed,Read Timed Out".

Do anybody aware of this.
any suggestion will be helpfull.

Thanks
Usoni

Edited by: USoni on Apr 16, 2009 2:17 AM

Answers

• Alex
    Alex Member Posts: 799
    Usoni

I have seen this error before, in fact quite often, is a bit difficult to find the root of the problem, but is usually due to a firewall, router (some network component) bouncing the requests (could even be your local firewall or anti virus ).

Regards

Alex
    679279 Member Posts: 61
    Hi alex

so do we have any way to get rid of this things?
    or i need to raise an SR for the same to support.
    how did you find the solution for the same?.

tnx
    umesh
  • Alex
    Umesh

Please fell free to open a service request, but this issues are usually related to your network, and very difficult to diagnose, browsers such as ie or firefox will cope with this issues by re-sending the request so you would not see it as a user.

In summary I'm not sure how much support will be able to help you with that, since the issue is from your system network, but perhaps we could suggest PM to introduce a tracroute kind of functionality so we can have some sort of information of where the issue is coming from.

Another idea would be to post here the request/response headers of a successful request and a failing request, as we may be able to gather some information from them.

Regards

Alex
  • Alex
    USoni

I just remembered that a wile ago during a load test I was getting this issue a lot, then we discovered that the problem was that, we where receiving some content from the server in a zip format without any notification of it in the header, and for some reason it was defaulting to the error that you mentioned.

Could you check that if the response headers contain:

Accept-Encoding : gzip, compress

and if it does not check if the content is zipped.

Regards

Alex
This discussion has been closed.