• 3,852,360 Users
  • 2,264,095 Discussions
  • 7,905,046 Comments

Discussions

about empirix and costs for ecah users

701404 Member Posts: 27
edited May 19, 2009 5:44AM in QA/Testing
Hi,

When i run the Oracle OpenScript tool, it generating JAVA Code.
What is the resusable componets in that java code?
I want to know the empirix reusable components or building blocks.

I want to know how many free virtual users we can access and how much cost if i need more..

And When i record normal HTML page in Oracle OprnScript,I am not able to get any java code in that tool.
What is the problem?

Any information in this regard will be highly appreciated

Thanks and Regards,
Ramesh Dodda

Answers

• Alex
    Alex Member Posts: 799
    HI

I'm not sure I understand your questions ?

What is the reusable components in that java code?

---- The code produced by OpenScript is a pure java code, you can reuse any single component

I want to know how many free virtual users we can access and how much cost if i need more

---- Are you talking about resources cost or the cost of ATS (Money) ?

And When i record normal HTML page in Oracle OpenScript,I am not able to get any java code in that tool. What is the problem?

---- Can you see any steeps in the tree view, i really don't think that you are recording anything

Regards

Alex
    701404 Member Posts: 27
    Hi Alex,

Thanks for giving the valuble information.

1) What are the reusable components in that java code?

2) What is the "single component" means give me with examples?

3) I want to know how many free virtual users we can access(use) in OATS E-Load?

4) I want to know about the cost of each virtual user?

5) And When i record normal HTML page in Oracle OpenScript i got Tree view with initialize(),run() and finish()
    But I am not able get any java code in that. What is the problem?Here i am not using any servers.I am using simple HTML page in my system.

Regards

Ramesh
  • Alex
    Alex Member Posts: 799
    edited May 18, 2009 4:08AM
    Hi Ramesh

+1) What are the reusable components in that java code?+

The Java code has 3 main methods

1) Initialize
    ---- executed once at the beginning of the script
    2) Run
    ---- Will keep executing until the end of the test
    3) Finish
    ---- Will be executed once at the end of the test

+2) What is the "single component" means give me with examples?+

---- By components I mean Objects

+3) I want to know how many free virtual users we can access(use) in OATS E-Load?+

---- You have a 30 day trial period in which you can use as many users as you like, but there are no free users, note that you are bound to the OTN license agreement.

+4) I want to know about the cost of each virtual user?+

---- Find a list of the prices in the following URL: http://www.oracle.com/corporate/pricing/technology-price-list.pdf look for Application Testing

+5) And When i record normal HTML page in Oracle OpenScript i got Tree view with initialize(),run() and finish()+
    But I am not able get any java code in that. What is the problem?Here i am not using any servers.I am using simple HTML page in my system.

----- OpenScript uses a proxy to record HTTP traffic make sure that your browser is listening to localhost 7777 when attempting to record scripts, that should be set automatically by OpenScript, however if you are using IE and a proxy script you may need to uncheck the Use Configuration Script option in the network settings

Regards

Alex

Edited by: aamat on May 18, 2009 9:03 AM
This discussion has been closed.