Forum Stats

  • 3,853,884 Users
  • 2,264,289 Discussions
  • 7,905,494 Comments

Discussions

"Driver Error -1, java.io.IOException" in OLT

IHodgetts
IHodgetts Member Posts: 264
edited May 22, 2009 5:55AM in QA/Testing
Just recently I've started encountering the following errors while doing performance tests:

"Driver Error -1, java.io.IOException: Socket is already closed. Socket is already closed, [URL HERE]"

Does this imply a problem with our application/environment or is this actually an issue in OLT? Normally any errors I've encountered so far are clearly issues with our app, but this one I'm not sure about.

These don't happen all the time, and don't particularly happen at high volumes. Has anyone else seen these type of errors before?

<edit>

I don't know if this is significant but I've also noticed a few "failed on HTML. Zero length retrieved." errors in similar batches.

</edit>

Edited by: IHodgetts on May 19, 2009 5:20 PM

Edited by: IHodgetts on May 19, 2009 5:21 PM

Answers

  • Alex
    Alex Member Posts: 799
    Ian

    This error come from the application server/environment and are very difficult to diagnose, it would be very useful to have a better information about this error, such as where is the timeout coming from etc ...

    May be a good case for a future request .......

    Alex
    Alex
  • IHodgetts
    IHodgetts Member Posts: 264
    That does tie-in with my suspicions that this is environment related; we are only seeing these errors in a particular environment (that is slightly 'unusual' compared to our normal web apps).

    The main difference I'm suspicious about is that there is a box hosting "Tomcat connectors" that pass the requests to the actual servers running the app/database. It would make some sort of sense if the Java errors were coming from there (we'll see).

    I really just wanted to make sure this wasn't an error being generated by the OATS tool.
  • 679279
    679279 Member Posts: 61
    edited May 22, 2009 5:45AM
    hi

    Edited by: USoni on May 22, 2009 2:45 AM
  • IHodgetts
    IHodgetts Member Posts: 264
    Thanks, good to know it's not just me then!

    I'm currently trying to run similar tests but bypassing the IIS (webserver hosting the tomcat connectors) and accessing the app on the Tomcat box directly in the hope of illustrating where the issue lies.
This discussion has been closed.