• 3,874,403 Users
  • 2,266,766 Discussions
  • 7,911,835 Comments

Discussions

How do i get e-Manager Enterprise 9.0?

657012 Member Posts: 4
edited May 22, 2009 10:41AM in QA/Testing
Hi

This was supposed to be released but i couldn't find it on web?

anyone has an idea about this?

Best Regards
GP

Answers

• Alex
    Alex Member Posts: 799
    Hi GP

I guess that you are referring to Oracle Test Manager, formally known as e-Manager in Empirix, not Enterprise Manager, if that is the case 9.0 is not out yet, is expected to be out in August.

Can I ask why you would like 9.0 instead on 8.50 ?

Regards

Alex
    657012 Member Posts: 4
    Many Thanks

We have e-Manager V8.2 running and we do want to upgrade with newer one. but as it is not out then we have to wait till it get released.

my another q is how do i get a upgrade to latest one.

Regards
    GP
  • Alex
    GP

Upgrading to version 8.50 is not complicated as there are not that many changes, however in version 9.0 there will be a few changes e.g:

JBoss is being replaced with WebLogic
    MS SQL Server and access are being replaced with Oracle XE and Oracle 11G

I'm not sure about the upgrade procedure it has not been published yet, I'm aware of a migration tool being developed.

To summarize

I think that waiting for 9.0 until you upgrade is a good choice, as there are not that many differences between 8.20 and 8.50 and 9.0 will be out pretty soon.
    You will need to wait until 9.0 is realized to have and idea of how the update process will be.

Regards

Alex
  • IHodgetts
    IHodgetts Member Posts: 264
    aamat wrote:
    JBoss is being replaced with WebLogic
    MS SQL Server and access are being replaced with Oracle XE and Oracle 11G
    Two things concern me here:

1) Will the JBoss install need to be removed (or there may be conflicts with WebLogic) I know it's been pointed out to us before to avoid IIS/Apache/Tomcat installed on the same server.
    2) Is an Oracle DB install being provided 'free' with the next release? (we're only just considering using MSSQL now we're starting to use the tool 'in anger'.
  • Alex
    Ian

1) About the Weblogic/JBoss I can't really say anything yet, the only thing that I know that there is no problem in running JBoss and Weblogic in the same machine, but I'm not sure if there will be any conflicts with ATS.

2) There is support for Oracle db in realize 8.50, the only difference is that 9.0 will not support MS SQL Server and Access, and yes the Oracle DB is 'free' you get a restricted license, which basically means that you can only use the db for ATS.

Regards

Alex
  • IHodgetts
    IHodgetts Member Posts: 264
    I'm glad I didn't start down the route of moving to MSSQL now!
This discussion has been closed.