Forum Stats

• 3,872,606 Users
  • 2,266,458 Discussions
  • 7,911,262 Comments

Discussions

How to write the script in E-tester

702192 Member Posts: 15
edited May 28, 2009 9:03AM in QA/Testing
Hi i am new to e-tester. we are doing some R&D on empirix e-tester tool. We are familiar with QTP tool. we are able to record and play the script but we are unable to enhance the script.

But when i went through this threads i came to know that we can use VBA script or VB script or etc for enhancing the script. current we are using "oracle Functional Testing for web applications 8.50.0260" version.

Can any body please guide me and explain the procedure for enhancing the script and what is the use of open script.
Is it required for e-load or e-tester. pls specify me its very urgent

thanks inadvance...........pls

Best Answer

• Alex
    Alex Member Posts: 799
    Answer ✓
    Anjani

You can still add some logic in version 8.50 by using VBScript, but the editor is not great; Right Click on the step node -> select Insert Test -> Test Scriptlet , you have an API in the help files.

OpenScripit is the new scripting tool which at the moment only supports HTTP (load) scripts, but with version 9.0 it will support functional DOM testing, amongst other protocols, OpenScript has a visual script view and a java script view so you can do most of the straight forward scripts using the visual view and add the more complex logic using the java view.

Hope that helps

Alex

Answers

• Alex
    Hi

VBA was removed from e-Tester in version 8.50, and I don't think that you can download an earlier version from eDelivery, i think you can contact Oracle support and ask them for 8.40 which contains VBA.

VBA is being replaced with java and that will be available in version 9.0 out in August/September.

Regards

Alex
    Alex
    hi alex very much thank you for your reply,

means You are saying that we cannot code until 9.0 version get released. presently i am working on 8.5 version.
    then how come we develop script in 8.5 and what is the use of openscript.

pls let me know and can you provide your email id so that we can discuss very quickly pls........

thanks in advance
    anjani...
  • Alex
    Answer ✓
    Anjani

You can still add some logic in version 8.50 by using VBScript, but the editor is not great; Right Click on the step node -> select Insert Test -> Test Scriptlet , you have an API in the help files.

OpenScripit is the new scripting tool which at the moment only supports HTTP (load) scripts, but with version 9.0 it will support functional DOM testing, amongst other protocols, OpenScript has a visual script view and a java script view so you can do most of the straight forward scripts using the visual view and add the more complex logic using the java view.

Hope that helps

Alex
    Hi Alex,

Nice reply, I need one more clarification. when installing OFT 8.5 software do we require any other software or any other set or funda for that. I am able to add some vbscript in test scrplet but when execution comes to that point node its getting halted and result is getting failed.

can i take any precautions or any hierarchy or guidelines i need maintaing before writing the script on the scriplet.
    please give me the procedure. sorry for repeatedly asking as it's very important i have been raising the same question from couple of days.

code i have writte over there
    msgbox("anjani")
    dim a=10
    dim b=20
    dim c=a+b
    msgbox c

pls pass your mail id we can discuss later also my id is [email protected] plssssssssss

anjani
  • Alex
    Anjani

I don't think that you need to install anything else in order to get VBScript working, just make sure is on a 32Bit machine I have seen some issues in 64Bit platforms.

I don' t think I'm the best person to look at VBScript as i never touched any, but fell free to open a thread in the forum.

Also i don't really like giving my e-mail address in the forum, but I do get an email every time the forum is updated so posting a question here is as good as emailing me the question.

Regards

Alex
    hi Alex,

I was able to do some scripting using Test Scriplet. I have used VB Scripting for this. I want to implement some Database Testing. Can we use ADODB.connection or Execute or open methods in the scriplet before/after.
    If there is any alternate procedure to work on database please let me know.

anjnai
This discussion has been closed.