• 2,266,376 Discussions
  • 7,911,043 Comments

Discussions

Priveleges restriction issues

Dird
Dird Member Posts: 1,225
edited Jul 21, 2009 1:14PM in APEX Discussions
Hi guys,

I need to provide certain access rights to another user. He must have admin rights but only to a specific Application Group. And any users he creates/edits to give them developer/admin rights must be within the same constraints (admin/dev in that Application Group only). How can I do it?

Mike

Answers

• Hi,

My idea is to create autorisation schema's

Kind regards,
    Iloon
  • Dird
    Dird Member Posts: 1,225
    edited Jul 21, 2009 8:50AM
    Hi Iloon,

How would I do it then as I don't want to have to change every thing else just because of one application group.

Could I do it like this: Make a user group and then make it so if you're a member of that user group and you're in the application group then you can have admin rights there? Is there any examples online of this?

Edit: looks like a no. I create a user group and all users are automatically made a part of it. What then is the point of them :/

Mike

Edited by: Dird on 21-Jul-2009 05:50
    60437 Member Posts: 16,564
    I create a user group and all users are automatically made a part of it.
    Are you sure you aren't just seeing a multi-select list of existing groups? The entries should not be selected by default so newly created users should not be part of any group unless you make one or more selections.

As to your original requirements, I don't think there is any way you can achieve them.

Scott
This discussion has been closed.