Forum Stats

• 3,817,367 Users
  • 2,259,322 Discussions
  • 7,893,760 Comments

Discussions

which PL/SQL Procedure is running in a session (using call stack)

24660 Member Posts: 12
edited Aug 11, 2009 6:19AM in SQL & PL/SQL
Hi,

I would like to know how you can see which proc is currently running in an active session.

DBMS_UTILITY.FORMAT_CALL_STACK let you view the stack for the current session, but I need to view another active session.

Example :

I call a PL/SQL Proc called PA from Oracle Forms

PA runs PB, PC and finally PD.

How can I view which proc is currently running for this session ?

I mean if PB is currently running, how can I view that PB is running ?

I can only view current statement of the "frmweb" session, which is a query, but if I have 5 procs to run, I don't want to look for this query in all procs.

Thx :)
Tagged:

Answers

• Billy Verreynne
    Billy Verreynne Software Engineer Member Posts: 28,807 Red Diamond
    npragout wrote:

How can I view which proc is currently running for this session ?
    Doubt that you can from one session, query another session's PL/SQL stack. Reason: the PL/SQL stack resides in the PGA (Private Global Area) memory of a session. As the name indicates, this is private memory of that session - and is not visible and cannot be queried by another session.

Other sessions can only see that which a session makes sharable - i.e. that which resides in the SGA or UGA.
    I mean if PB is currently running, how can I view that PB is running ?
    You can have the PL/SQL code use [DBMS_APPLICACTION_INFO|http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/appdev.102/b14258/d_appinf.htm] - and have it record the current active PL/SQL module/package.
    24660 Member Posts: 12
    Thanks a lot !

With DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO.SET_CLIENT_INFO, I can easily see which procedure is running ...
    21205 Member Posts: 6,168 Gold Trophy
    if you have you answer, mark the question as such... then everybody knows that this question is answered and can move on answering other questions
This discussion has been closed.