• 3,838,232 Users
  • 2,262,342 Discussions
  • 7,900,547 Comments

Discussions

Reg : Shared Application Issue in Master-Detail Relationship

713435 Member Posts: 8
edited Sep 14, 2009 7:13AM in JDeveloper and ADF
Hi,

I have created a Master-Detail relationship using Read-Only View Objects between EMP and DEPT table. After creation I have deployed the same as ADFLibraryJAR and used them in 2 different application as Shared Library.

In *1st Application* I have used EMP Table in a JSFF Page.
In the *2nd Application* I have used the DEPT table independently in a JSFF Page.

After creation of the individual Applications I have deployed their View Controllers as ADFLibraryJAR and used the same in a different application(MainApplication).

In the Main Application, I have created a JSPX with a Horizontal Splitter and dropped the respective individiual Bounded Task Flow's in Left and Right facets of the Horizontal Splitter.

After rendering the file, the expected output is that on click of the EMP Table from 1st Application, should trigger the DEPT Table to display the relevant Department Details as I have already declared a Master-Detail relationship in the base Entity of the Shared Applications.

Also I have given Partial Trigger for Department Region to refresh based on Employee Region. Hence refresh happens. But the Department details isn't displaying the relevant data.

Is this approach correct ? If so why ain't I getting the department table details.

REASON for Approach : I am trying to have a central access on Entity Objects for my Project. Hence have created Entity, View Objects, View Links in an individual Application and shared the same.

Kindly guide.

--
Dominic

Answers

This discussion has been closed.