• 3,852,149 Users
  • 2,264,068 Discussions
  • 7,904,979 Comments

Discussions

i want the ebs report to give me an output in Excel

Jenny_Gomez
Jenny_Gomez Member Posts: 1,107
edited Oct 21, 2009 12:06AM in General XML
i am a bit new i can only view txt and pdf files as output from my ORACLE ERP.

I am able to change the file in the concurrent request definition window to XML but when i run the report from my HRMS resp. it gives me TAGS and not the output in excel.

Kindly help me with some document so that i can acheive my goal.

thanking you all in advance!

Answers

729139 Member Posts: 1
    You need to use XML publisher and create a RTF template to format the data in Excel.
    Outputting Oracle to Excel is always cumbersome, you can use XML Publisher (BI Publisher), Discoverer and bunch of other tools. The only problem with them is that you have to learn on how to use the specific tool, which often outweighs the benefits. Especially if your users have hard time adopting it.

I have been dealing with this issue for many years in all the places I worked at and finally came up with an approach where you simply paste your query in the standard report definition screen in System Admin and it produces Excel outputs when run. No CSVs, no dumping files into Unix, just click on the report output to have the Excel screen open up with your report in it. The only skill you need to have is writing SQL. Other than that, no development tools are required. To my surprise my latest client migrated from Discoverer to my tool, heh.

Check it out at:

http://more4apps.com/demos?DemoName=EO&ProductName=Excel-Out

If you have any issues email me at [email protected] I can do a live demo.
This discussion has been closed.